“Good value, could use some updates. ”
Review of Rock Park Cottages

Rock Park Cottages
Reviewed 15 April 2017 via mobile

Spent a weekend here with my wife and 3 kids. Small little cottage with one full bed and hide a bed couch with cushioned little nook above the couch that my kids slept on and loved.

The cottages are not actually on the beacj but are a very short walk and close enough that you can hear the waves.

Cottage had all we needes as far as a fridge, oven, microwave, toaster, pots/pans, utensils and more.

TV did not work all all while we were there. It was stormy so we thought that was the issue but even when the weather was fine it would not work. We talked with ownership who thought it should have been fixed, but it never was while we were there.

Good wifi coverage.

Interior and exterior of cottages could use some TLC with lots of sign of age and interior bathroom had some mold/mildew.

Plenty of stuff to do within walking distance.

Good value for the area if you are looking for a no frills place near the beach.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 18 March 2017

When our grandchildren were young, we would book cabin #2 every year for two weeks in the summer, when they came up to visit us from Phoenix, AZ. It is sort of like a mini-apartment; full kitchen, complete with pots, pans, and dishes; a nice sitting room for watching TV; a "shelf" that the girls got a big kick out of, for them to sleep on; a full bath, and the "front room" (the one you enter when you open the front door) is actually the queen bedroom. This was our perfect holiday for nearly 7 years.

Room Tip: All ground level, and all rooms separated by carports. Couldn't be better.
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 September 2016

I arrived in Yachats late so everything was closed and very dark - including the address and driveway into the cottage parking area. Once I figured it out (and its not hard - the sign is RIGHT THERE on 2nd), I parked, located the lock-box, got my key, opened my cottage and finally was able to let my hair down. The cottage was super homey and comfortable. I did take pictures to document existing "conditions" and sent them to management and they were very receptive. Its not fancy by any means, but it is VERY comfortable and homey and literally 30 steps from the ocean and 100 steps to EVERYTHING else, including grocery, restaurant, etc.. When I woke in the AM, I couldn't believe my good luck - I was in a perfect place, at a perfect location AND the cost didn't set me back a fortune. I will DEFINITELY stay again and recommend to anyone visiting this lovely place!

Room Tip: They are all charming - there are a few separate "homes" on the same property - the "...
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
3  Thank beth130770
Reviewed 24 August 2016

Very nice and quiet, at a reasonable price! We are steps from the coastline, yet in a private courtyard area. It is easy enough to fix up all our meals here, at the cottage. It includes a full kitchen: oven, stove, microwave, toaster, freezer/frig, and coffee maker. Also has kitchen utensils, dinner plates, bowls, and cups. We have made use of the gas grill outside. Another renter was out grilling and so we had people to socialize with. Inside is very homey! Tons of pillows and a comfy bed. Only thing that I could see wrong with the cottage, was a small patch of carpet missing, up under the t.v. Something to understand, if you rent one of these cottages: first, there is a cleaning fee, which is not included in the price. Secondly, they put a hold on $300 of your credit card, two weeks prior to your arrival and keep it on, until after you leave. This serves as a damage deposit. All and all, it was an all right stay. We had also had a full grocery store, two blocks from the cottage, along with a couple of restaurants, a bar, a few boutiques, and a thrift store.

Room Tip: The Hobbit House has a low ceiling. Taller guests might have a difficult time with it.
Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 July 2016

This is a good example of a secret vintqge 1940,s motor court. It was hand made by the husband of the former owner the amazing Virginia. She was a world traveler, former WAC in Wwii ( one brother an Ace fighter pilot, other brother a big band leader in the USO. ) She retired to this business after many years of compassionate teaching in Eugene.

There is only one RPC.
The ocean and Yachats take center stage..
To be nestled in a snug room while the storms beat vigerous ocean side to a frothy whipped cream like foam.
To explore the pristine tife pools inbthe volcanic clifts that portecy yachats from erosion with flocks of seagull and smelt runs.

Its a back in time adventure.

Leave preconcieved ideas of what you need home.

Room Tip: Be open to tiny post Wii charm
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Yachats
5.6 km away
2.9 km away
Silver Surf Motel
Silver Surf Motel
#3 of 11 in Yachats

Been to Rock Park Cottages? Share your experiences!