“Loved it ... and I have a funny story for you.”

Riverton Hotel & Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 31 Restaurants in Bangor
Price range: US$6 - US$27
Cuisines: American, Greek, Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Description: The Riverton Hotel and Restaurant is a Family friendly restaurant that includes a full bar, 3 banquet rooms, and a 6 room hotel. We local source our ingredients when available and make almost everything on premises from scratch. We have 3 banquet rooms with seating up to 300 people. The Hotel consists of 6 newly remodeled rooms. The Markopoulos family has owned the business for the last 39 years.
Reviewed 20 May 2015

So, I was the only one there, besides the 70 year old bartender — but I didn't mind one bit. It was late and I was starving — and heading to North Jersey. I ordered a cup of coffee and some onion soup. He brought me creamer & sugar and put a cup of coffee in front of me. I added the sugar and poured in the cream. In a thick Greek accent he yells, "What are you doing? That is the soup!!!" Hilarious. I assumed the soup was the coffee! He brought me a fresh cup of both and I told him, "Don't tell anyone I did that!" LOL.

I also had a 16 oz steak and steak fries. It was very good.

1  Thank john a

Reviewed 17 April 2015

We had our wedding shower here on April 11th and it was fantastic!

It was hosted in a room perfect for mid-size parties with fresh, updated decor right off the main dining area. The first course appetizers were great, but even better - they were plentiful, which is not always the case at other venues! Highlights included an artichoke heart toast, fresh fruit with a yummy dip and stuffed mushrooms. The dinner buffet was nicely arranged and tasted great as well. For dessert, we had a SMORES bar ! It was so neat to watch as our guests roasted their own marshmallows - it definitely added something a little extra that I've never seen at a shower before. They also made an apple berry crumble as a 2nd dessert that was incredible too! The staff was super helpful and even set up a private "bar" area for my fiancé and I so we could enjoy drinks at our party. (o:

I'd definitely recommend The Riverton to anyone planning a shower or other event!

Reviewed 13 April 2015 via mobile

My husband and I were in the area for a wedding and stopped in for breakfast on our way back to NY. When my husband was a boy, he and his Dad and brother used to come here after their fishing trips along the Delaware River. It brought back fond memories for him, even though the owners have changed since then.
We were greeted immediately and brought to a table by the windows which let in the morning sun. Its a family owned and operated business - and the whole family appears to work there, lending to the warmth and charm. The dining room was populated with jovial regulars, families, and folks passing through, like us. The owners greeted and served everyone, chatting and joking, and making us all feel welcome. My husband said it reminded him of little inns he'd been to in Germany.
We were brought coffee right away (thank you!), and offered homemade Danish and muffins. If they have Danish when you visit, SAY YES!! The crust was flaky and buttery and the fruit filing was warm and luscious. We ate one there and took two home, they were so good.
The breakfast selections were just what we were looking for - good diner fare - but the quality of the food was way better because everything is homemade. Our eggs were perfectly cooked, the hash browns golden and crispy, the homemade brioche toast was slightly sweet, light and tender-crisp, even the hot sauce was homemade. Breakfast was served with a small salad which I thought was a nice complement to the meal. But what really impressed us was the ham steak my husband ordered with his eggs - thick cut, tender and juicy, not those dry, flat slices you often get. The coffee flowed freely, the service was attentive and prompt, but never rushed, and the prices were amazingly inexpensive.
I wish we lived closer. We will definitely come back next time we're in the area.

Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

We came here after our grandfathers funeral. They were very accommodating and understanding. George was great to work with. They served 70
People without a problem. Good food, all well prepared. We will be back to try a dinner for ourselves! Thanks again!

Reviewed 5 April 2014

A genuine piece of history. From the big dinners right on down to the salad dressing its all made in house, delicious! Nice bar area too.