“Close to hotel ”

Mountain Creek Grill
Ranked #9 of 26 Restaurants in Bartonsville
Reviewed 20 September 2017 via mobile

BBQ place hubby had the jumbo wings and veggies. They were well cooked and were tasty. I had a BBQ pork flat bread that was very large. Too big for one. Very interesting decor.

Reviewed 15 September 2017

Based upon a bunch of negative online reviews we read, we almost didn't go here. But we were exhausted after a long day on the road, and this restaurant shares a parking lot with our hotel. That made it the easy "default" option for us. While we came with low expectations (those bad reviews), we were pleasantly surprised. Our server was terrific, the local wines were enjoyable, and the food was fine. We weren't looking for a 5-star white tablecloth dining experience, and we were quite satisfied with our dishes and how they were served. You won't have a memorable dining experience here, but you also shouldn't be a disgruntled customer.

Reviewed 12 September 2017 via mobile

We had one dinner here. We had no complaints about our burger and ribs. There is a short list of mostly local wines and a wide selection of beers. They have pastas, steaks, dinner salads, etc.

Reviewed 28 August 2017

*Disclaimer - our visit to Mountain Creek Grill was on Saturday, 8/26 for dinner and to watch the Mayweather / McGregor fight. This was not a typical night*

Our evening started with Security guiding us in for parking, which went nice and smooth. We stood in line to pay the $10 cover charge and advised that we were there to eat dinner and stay for the fight. This was approximately at 6:30pm and already the manager on duty had a very bad attitude with those coming into the restaurant. I was unaware that this was a sign of things to come from her. The restaurant added tables to fit more people and so we were seated at a plastic folding table, family style. We placed our food and drink orders (there were nine of us) and got to talking to the folks around us. We found out that the same snotty manager had the servers request your credit card (even if you were paying cash), and that they would be held behind the bar - the fear being that people would walk out without paying their tab. My husband refused, and said to bring the bill and he would pay it right away, but he was not going to trust out credit card behind the bar. Our server, Andi, apologized profusely and brought us our bill, which we paid promptly. As the night wore on, there were only four servers in our section and they were being run ragged - being yelled at by management didn't help. Another word about Andi - she was the ultimate professional and was so sweet. I can only imagine the pressure she and her fellow servers were under. The servers could only do so much as the kitchen was backed up, but instead of getting after the kitchen, this manager kept going after the servers and in view of the customers - very unprofessional on her part. Andi always kept her cool and was running around trying to make sure everyone was taken care of. In my opinion, she was the star of the evening. As it got closer to fight time, the place naturally became busier and more packed. The kitchen was ultimately shut down. Another server in our vicinity, however, was the complete opposite of Andi. I will not put the other server's name here, because she was seen by many people (ourselves included), sitting down and doing shots with a couple of young men. Ultimately, people who had this server were complaining about their bills being screwed up. The food was so-so, and certainly nothing to right home about. Served tepid at best - again, perhaps on a normal night, this review would be different, but we were there then and can only speak to this experience. The bottom line is that this place was not prepared for this amount people they had. Not enough servers, a gruff and yes, snotty, manager, ok food and an environment definitely not conducive for this type of event. They certainly made money, between the cover charge and the liquor sales. The outside security staff brought in were great guys and kept the order - making sure no one got in who didn't pay to be there.

To the female manager who was "running" things Saturday night. Your attitude with your customers and more importantly, with your servers, needs to change. Otherwise, you should probably look for a different job. With the exception of the one server drinking on the job, Andi and the others were working their tails off to make your business money! They didn't deserve the guff you were constantly handling out, which frankly, said more about you than it did them. I hope your staff received a huge thank you from you, but your attitude on Saturday tells me they didn't.

Reviewed 27 August 2017

This place is very cozy!!!! the food I had was excellent! my husband was also very pleased with his dinner. he had a cheesesteak with French fries and slaw. I had the Atlantic Salmon with Shrimp in a lemon sauce. I am extremely picky about my fish and it has to be cooked just right or I will not eat it at all!!! Well this was completely awesome, I cannot wait to go back again! I am going to propose to my husband that we take his parent there for dinner with us as I feel they would enjoy this place as well. being we were there for my graduating class mates all turning 50 we knew we would be drinking and my drink of choice is the Bloody Mary, Just let me tell you , they make ONE of the best Bloody Mary's I have ever had. If you have not tried this quaint little place give it a try, pay no mind to the bad reviews, I was a little hesitant about eating there but decided to give it a try, all I can say is if they can make fish taste the way they made mine taste AND I AM EXTREMELY PICKY WHEN IT COMES TO MY FOOD I WILL PICK IT APART AND NOT CARE IF I HURT YOUR FEELINGS, then they are worth giving them a shot! If your walking in here with thousands in your pocket and live like kings and queens and your "sheit" don't stink then go someplace else because your just the kind of person who is never satisfied! We live about 40 minutes from this place and it is worth the drive to us to go for a nice dinner, casual nice dress dress up or down it's really up to you they have an outside patio as well. kid friendly!