“Mattress and Pillows”

Hampton Inn Bedford
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Bedford
Reviewed 7 May 2017

The weekend my niece graduated from Penn State Altoona campus, for some reason my wife booked our room in Bedford. We have stayed up here before but in Altoona Hampton inn.
This weekend was pretty tragic, and it goes like this.
We arrived and checked in at Bedford Hampton inn, Ben was at the front desk and was very professional in greeting us and giving us the run down ( thank you Ben ) everything was pretty good about the room except 1 issue that was handled right away.
We drove to Altoona to see our niece grab something to eat etc... it was getting later in the day and I wanted to get back to Bedford because its about 35 miles or so 1 way.
Half of the way back on RT 99 we hit a deer, the charter bus driver stopped to see if we were ok and as we talked I noticed that in this area we were even with the tree tops on the right side and a very deep median with many potential impaling saplings and smaller trees. Our vehicle was not drivable, I called the state police for assistance and within 15 minutes a flatbed ( Arnie's ) and a Pennsylvania State trooper was on site.
Arnie's towing service was very thorough and happy to note he wasn't pulling us from either side of the bottom of the road. Our state trooper was another True Professional from arrival to departure ( Thank you Trooper W. )
Now, out of all of this the scariest thing was trying to secure a rental car around 9 until 10 pm ,,, Yes we did go online and did finally get a car out of Altoona.
Whats all this have to do with mattress' and pillows we did get to sleep eventually, The mattress was like a cloud and was the same the 2nd night so it wasn't just the event we went through. I hope I don't have to stay in Bedford again but if I do, it'll be Hampton Inn.

Room Tip: get room on back side away from elevators,, always away from elevators
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Jyoti P, Manager at Hampton Inn Bedford, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2017

Thank-you for choosing to stay at our property during recent visit to Bedford County. Your comments are much appreciated, and we hope that you will stay with us again they next time you travel.

Reviewed 28 April 2017

My stay at the Hampton at Bedford Pa. was not the best one I have experienced. Not bad by any sense but not what I was used too. No breakfast meats available for Breakfast. Ok not bad but most every time you have bacon or sausage. Now this is the second time at a Hampton seeing this. Just didn't like or expect it. This is something I would expect from a discount hotel not Hampton.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
1  Thank Randall C
Jyoti P, Manager at Hampton Inn Bedford, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2017

Thank-you for choosing to stay at our property during your recent visit to Bedford County. We appreciate your comments and look forward to seeing you again during your next visit.

Reviewed 15 April 2017

Not the best Hampton I've stayed at. Basics were all there, but the room needs updating, especially the beds. Nicely landscaped outside, but once you're inside, you realize its one of the older Hamptons. We chose this Hampton because it was right off the PA turnpike, and we could see the Flight 93 memorial and Johnstown Flood memorial, however there were a few other Hamptons we could've stayed at, and I'm thinking those other ones could have been better choices

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank M B
Jyoti P, Manager at Hampton Inn Bedford, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2017

Thank-you for choosing to stay at our property during your recent visit to Bedford County. I appreciate your comments and I hope you will stay with again in the future.

Reviewed 14 April 2017

We were on our way home from NC and pulled in here for the night. Our room was as expected and cookies were available upon check in. The only thing that I thought was odd was the fact the eating utensils for breakfast were plastic. It was the first time staying a Hampton that I experienced this. Plastic knives and forks just don't make it for me. Everything else was good.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevator and also away from the Pa Turnpike side of the hotel.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank-you for choosing to stay at our property during your recent to Bedford County. Your comments are much appreciated, and I hope you will visit us again during your next trip.

Reviewed 12 April 2017

This Hampton Inn location was what you expect from Hampton Inn. The room, staff, breakfast were all great. We had to stop here because we were traveling along the PA turnpike and was getting tired and needed to stop so we looked for the first Hampton Inn we could find and this was is. This a great Hampton Inn.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
1  Thank FlyingEagle033

Thank-you for choosing to stay at our property. Your comments are much appreciated, and hope to see you again during your next visit.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bedford
0.7 km away
24.5 km away
Quality Inn Breeze Manor
Quality Inn Breeze Manor
#2 of 8 in Breezewood

Been to Hampton Inn Bedford? Share your experiences!