“Mold and cigarette burns.”

Quality Inn & Suites Bensalem
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Bensalem
United States
“Mold and cigarette burns.”
Reviewed 20 August 2011

We had originally booked a room at a different hotel, but, due to a mix-up on our part, had reserved the wrong dates. As the original hotel was booked solid upon our arrival at 10pm, we did a quick internet search from our phones and picked the closest hotel with two queen beds.

The parking was a mess, trash and debris all over the ground. The lobby was in acceptable condition, but there were numerous people hanging around at 10:00 at night, including a guy hovering off to the side during my check-in, which made me a little uncomfortable. To sum up our stay, I walked back out to the car with the keys and said, "I don't think this is the best part of town..."

The room itself was fairly spacious (which I'd expect for the price) with a microwave and refrigerator, and the beds were not uncomfortable, with four pillows apiece. The air conditioning was freezing (which is good, right?) but extremely noisy.

In the morning, with a little more light, the state of the room became apparent. There were (what I assume were) cigarette burns in the comforter and on the bench in front of the mirror, and the bathroom was in deplorable shape. There was rust on the drain, on the spigots, in the corners. And the shower curtain was covered in mold. Seriously, I have three sons and a husband, and my own bathrooms are in better condition than this one was. It was disgusting, and considering that I am a fairly easy going person, that's really saying something. A little bleach would've killed the mold if they didn't want to replace the curtain, and it was disgusting that they couldn't even be bothered to do that.

Check-out was quick once the woman at the desk was done chatting with her friend, but I'm patient, so that wasn't a huge issue. She was very friendly and efficient once she got to me.

Overall, it wasn't a terrible stay (the beds were at least comfortable, and the fridge was convenient), but I definitely would NOT stay there if I had ANY other choice. Especially not for $110 a night!! I wish I'd read the reviews on TripAdvisor first (like I usually do!), but we were so tired after a long drive that we figured it would be fine. Lesson learned!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank lostmemorycard

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Medford, New York
Reviewed 3 April 2011

Found bed bugs on the pillows and between mattress and box spring. We called the night desk clerk to report the bugs. She replied, 'yeah'. Not, 'you're kidding', I'm sorry....just 'yeah'. She changed us to a different room. No bugs in this one, but you wouldn't catch me sitting on the chairs. Filthy, disgusting, far below what I would expect for $85.

Room Tip: stay elsewhere
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank Fredsflock
ann arbor
Reviewed 1 November 2010

As a businessman working in bacteriology; I found it very satisfying that this location was both very cordial and clean. Nice convenient location to highways and city.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
Deltona, Florida
Reviewed 29 October 2010

I have frequented this facility for more than twenty one (21) years. At least two (2) or three (3) times per year. And, on occassion "more than that amount (as time permits)." This facility has OUSTANDING MANAGEMENT AND PEOPLE WORKING THERE. Superior quality of service for your money. A very quiet place to enjoy a great nights sleep. Breakfast is always well displayed, very fresh and enjoyable/tasty. In my humbled oppinion "you can't get a better deal for your money anywhere else in their area/location. Other people from nearby hotel facilities could learn a lot from this the outstanding way they treat there customers and maintain their facility. Well done! I look forward to my return to this facility. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS FACILITY AND RATE IT THE VERY BEST PLACE I HAVE EVER STAYED.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 11 October 2010

We were in the Langhorne area and looking for a place to stay as walk-ins. We started out at the Sheraton , which was full. I wanted to stay in a Choice hotel to get my points, and we asked and were directed to this Quality Inn in Bensalem. When we arrived, they were full. But they were very kind and gave us a list of nearby hotels and told us we could use their phone, and a lobby computer to check availability. It seems that every hotel within a 20 mile radius was full--everytime we were directed to "try such and such" they were full. When I asked the clerk at the desk again if she just had something--anything--she double checked her deposits, and room blocks, etc, and made a few calls, and found that there was one room someone held on a block that wasn't being used, and we finally got a room! I must admit it was more expensive than their usual rate, but I found that it is also customary when occupancy is at peak, that rates can go up. Anyway, I felt the clerk went the extra mile to try and help me, and I give them a good rating for that. The room was clean (really a suite, that was all that was available) and comfortable. Breakfast was standard continental fare, cold cereal. danish, boiled eggs, sausage, waffles, juice, coffee, etc. I have no complaints.
If you wanted late nite snack food, there was a Dunkin Donuts adross the Street, and a Hooters next door. Other fast food further down the road.
The room did lack pictures on the wall. The bed and pillows were comfortable, and bathroom was nice (granite vanity).

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bensalem
0.3 km away
0.7 km away
Red Roof Inn Philadelphia Trevose
1.3 km away
Radisson Hotel Philadelphia Northeast

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Bensalem? Share your experiences!