“Old Grist Mill”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: 610-582-8150
Reviewed 6 July 2017

The decor in this old grist mill is spot on. I have eaten here several times over the years. The food is average for their price point. We usually eat out on a Wednesday, and never see many diners. They are out of the way, location seems to be a big factor for success in our area!

Reviewed 20 April 2017

If you were given a Groupon voucher for this place I would suggest re-gifting it to someone you don't like. Awful... Awful.. Awful. The website suggests calling ahead to allow them to prepare for your arrival because all food is made from scratch. What a joke! I called ahead and made a 5pm reservation which is the time they open. We pull into the parking lot at 4:55pm to find we are the only car. A bit strange for a Wednesday night. Upon entering we were greeted by a nice young lady who appeared to be the only person there. When asked she indicated that there was kitchen staff there as well. We were the only people in the restaurant which creeped my daughter out. She said this is how Steven King books start out. So I questioned the waitress about the emptiness of the place. She said that since they are off the beaten path people forgot about it. What she should have said was that they have no business, the food is awful, old, bordering on spoiled and the owner/chef is a crook. Scamming people on Groupon to come into this high priced restaurant, serving them old/almost bad food for $20 & up.
Not only was the food undesirable but when we presented the waitress with our Groupon voucher she informed us that the Groupon was for 4 people and there were only 3 of us and we could not use the voucher for $60.00. We could either order another meal or take $35.00 for the $60.00 voucher.

I asked her to get the owner or whoever was in charge. My daughter and I went to the car to wait for my husband. After a few minutes he came out frustrated. He advised that the owner came out and told him that he would not honor the voucher. He asked if he purchased the voucher from Groupon my husband advised it was a gift. He then told my husband he should be happy he was giving him $35.00 for something he got for free. Some words were exchanged between them and my husband being the bigger man asked for the check paid the balance and left the waitress who was very nice a 20% tip. I hope she got it.

How do you not honor a customer’s voucher? Especially when you have an empty restaurant? Makes no sense. You would think that you would bend over backwards to make your only customer leave happy and maybe tell their friends. Poor management, bad food and bad customer service. DO NOT GO TO CHRISTINE’S CREEKSIDE INN you will only leave disappointed and possibly ill from old/tainted food.

4  Thank mechelle304
Reviewed 1 April 2017 via mobile

I recently went here for a nice dinner with my mother. The service was extremely slow even though there was only a handful of people. I was charged $28.95 instead of the Thursday special of $18.95 for the AYCE shrimp because we were using a Groupon discount. Then to top it off, the waitress added an 18% tip to the bill. I should have tipped her for the cost of the $18.95 cost for the shrimp dinners. Feeling ripped off by Groupon and the waitress! PS. About a month before this, myself and 3 friends were there and they served us spoiled Tiramisu. They gave me a voucher for a free dessert. I never should have taken that voucher. Both visits left a bad taste!

4  Thank Cathy S
Douglas D, Manager at Christine's Creekside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2017

Ok! We have responded to you on google and our personal email. We have explained to you that you did not have to get the all you can eat shrimp. NOONE forced you to. Also you were able to opt out of the 18% gratuity which you DID by not paying the full bill. We apologized about the tiramisu as we were not aware it was spoiled when it was served to you. Again we are sorry you had a bad experience but maybe there is a bit more wrong in your life that you are taking so much time to put bad reviews up because you CHOSE to get a more expensive meal with your Groupon.

Reviewed 24 February 2017 via mobile

I eat at Christine's all the time and love the food! It's prepared fresh and is served hot. The servers are so attentive and I pleasant! Not sure why they have bad reviews on here because we have never had an issue.

Reviewed 18 February 2017

This is the first time we went to Christine's Creekside and it will be our last. My husband and I went on a Friday night at 6:30 pm and should have known by the emptiness of the restaurant that it was not a great choice. The room was cold temperature wise as well as with the waitress. She was efficient, but not very friendly. Wine was very expensive for the amount received. I could have gotten a whole bottle at Clover Hills for $2 more. I ordered shrimp scampi and found it bland. No garlic or wine flavors. Shrimp were a few little shrimp, not large butterflies shrimp that you get at upscaled restaurants. All this served in a cereal sized bowl. I thought at first I ordered from the kid's menu. The salad was mediocre. A few greens with one cucumber and a slice of hard, light red tomato. The kind you buy in the supermarket in winter. Extremely overpriced for what you get. My husband's scallops were fine, except overpriced for them. For the price two sides should have been served. We ordered the clams casinos for an appetizer. Five extremely small clams with a little spaghetti sauce and green pepper on it. It was a joke. I wish we would have read these reviews before going, we would made a much better choice.

2  Thank Disney4ever86