“Great food!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 18 February 2016 via mobile

Great food in a casual dining atmosphere. Place,could use a little updating. Well known for their steaks and crab cakes.

Reviewed 9 February 2016

This is one of my favorite restaurants because the food is good, the service is excellent, the bar is well stocked with a large variety of spirits and beers, and the atmosphere is as welcoming as my best friend's home. A selection of burgers, appetizers, entrees and desserts are available. Note that the menu doesn't change often, but then you can count on getting one's favorite meal.

Reviewed 21 January 2016

We hadn't been there in at least 25 years because, frankly we didn't think that much of it. It had very small square tables that were wedged into the dining area, the food was just okay, the lighting was garish and the prices were on the higher side of what you'd expect.

But an acquaintance told us that it'd changed a lot in the past 2.5 decades, so my wife and I gave it another shot.

The atmosphere and lighting are now cozy, the menu boasts some unusual selections - I had a chicken filet sandwich with lettuce, tomato and topped with crab imperial. Very tasty. My wife had coconut shrimp which she enjoyed, and she added a single crabcake for 5 bucks. We both had the fries, which were good and we shared a bowl of crab bisque (great flavor, but maybe just a hair too much salt).

Our waitress was friendly and prompt. All in all, a very enjoyable evening. We will be back in 25 days - not 25 years. There's many more menu items we want to sample.

Reviewed 4 November 2015

With the change of seasons Stoppers is a really nice place to go. Love a burning fire to dine by. My sister and I go out to dinner together once a week, and we have tried most places in the area. Crab night is one of my favorites here, but the prime rib is also exceptional. Although I can not smell it, my sister said there is an odor of old cigarette smoke to the place. Perhaps a change of carpet would remove that, but it did not take away from the experience for me.

Reviewed 12 July 2015 via mobile

Stopper's is a standby for our family for great food and seafood at reasonable prices. The only drawback is the dated decor which smells of old food/bar odors and detracts from everything this 30+ year family establishment has to offer.

Been to Stopper's Restaurant? Share your experiences!