“We liked it”
Review of Gelinas Manor

Gelinas Manor
Reviewed 1 November 2011

Came to do a little hiking on the AT. snow and no boots prevented that, so we mostly waited for the ice to go away. Breakfasts were served at 8:30 and were quite creative and good. The rooms were all a bit different. For lack of a better term, we stayed in the library. Spacious and comfortable. We were super glad to have a nice, warm, and inviting place to wait out the storm.

• Stayed: October 2011

Reviewed 11 July 2011

I am hiking the AT and decided to stay at Gelina's Manor. When I arrived, I was not allowed to bring my backpack (my home for 6-months) inside. I was made to enter the rear of the home. Leo the owner showed me to my room and took the comforter off the bed when we entered. Two other hikers called while I was there and I over heard Gelina say "I'm sick of you GD hikers!" and hung up the phone. I packed my things and left.

• Stayed: July 2011
10  Thank H2ocessna
gelinasmanor, Owner at Gelinas Manor, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2011

After spending 6 months on the trail - we do not allow theses dirty packs in our home. true.
Removing the spread on arrival - also true
The balance of this review is so far from the truth that it does not warrent a reply.

Reviewed 5 September 2010

The Gelinas Manor is a lovely old house in a historic town and is situated across the street from a pond and a park and is within walking distance of the Applachian Trail. Our room was spotless and the three course gourmet breakfasts were out of this world. Our hosts Lee and Kitty were gracious and helpful in obtaining us dinner reservations at a historic tavern in town. A lovely place to stay.

Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 September 2009

Innkeeper was friendly on arrival but he never introduced himself so we weren't sure who he was. We didn't get a physical or verbal tour other than to room so we weren't sure which areas were public/private. Our room was fine, but so full of "victorian" memento's it felt crowded rather than restful. No hairdryer in bathroom & I felt uncomfortable asking for one. **Lots of chiming, chirping, bonging clocks keeping different times & intercom at 8:15am announcing breakfast. I slept ok, but my fiance' didn't sleep much. Mrs. Innkeeper made a delicious breakfast & was full of interesting (slightly risque') remembrances. If we were all sitting down that would have been fun, but she stood over the breakfast table & talked without pause, so breakfast wasn't that relaxing. We only stayed one night & we've stayed at no other b&b's in the area, so no comparison. I would recommend it to try, but I would probably try somewhere else next time. Main feature is it's across from boiling spring town is named for & it's a nice walk after breakfast or dinner at the Tavern.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
7  Thank 2l82w8
Reviewed 17 June 2008

Victorian house, but room had old, uncomfortable contemporary style furniture. Bed was uncomfortable. Window air conditioner loud and ineffective. Hostess very rude. Breakfast small, bland, and ordinary. Better to stay at Allenberry or in Carlisle.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
10  Thank artandnaturelover1

Been to Gelinas Manor? Share your experiences!