See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 28 December 2012

Location is romantic, several good places for dinner ranging from pizza to fine dining.

Due to prior plans we were not able to stay for a luscious filling breakfast which was served @ 8:30. We did have breakfast down at the corner which was fine and very good. With prior notice, this could have been different.

Due call ahead prior to booking to sort all your needs and details.

Thank you to the Inn Keeper for a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 September 2012

we planned a last minute getaway for an early birthday present. I booked online and also had some roses awaiting us when we got into the room. the room was clean, roomy and we had a private bathroom which was very nice. The only downside to the whole trip was a slow drain in the shower. The breakfast offered by Kitty in the morning was top of the line and we enjoyed it with 2 other parties who also were impressed. We enjoyed our dinner at the tavern and walked around Childrens Lake afterwards to enjoy the sunset.

Room Tip: we got one of the manor rooms with the private bath.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 July 2012

My family started a 100 mile section of the AT- The Inn was great, the breakfast was fantastic and the outdoor porch was perfect for a glass of wine.

I have read other reviews that this Inn is not AT friendly. Not true...yes they do not want our dirty packs in the room staining their carpet and comforters. You just leave them on the back porch- totally safe.

The inn keepers son Michael was our AT shuttle and was great. 3 days into our hike..my 11 year old daughter got quite ill- throwing up with a fever. We called Mike...he dropped everything and picked up my wife and daughter from the trail. We will never forget what he did for us.

Hiker friendly and a great contact to have on the trail...

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Krav1
Reviewed 15 April 2012

Boiling Springs, PA is a charming, U.S. town near the PA Turnpike Carlisle and Harrisburg.) The rolling hills and fishing pond resemble a Norman Rockwell scene from the 1950’s.

We elected a B & B over a chain motel, and were rewarded with an excellent overnight visit at Gelinas Manor. Gelinas Manor is near the center of Boiling Springs, PA; however, the B & B is very quaint and quiet. We appreciate the hospitality of the owner, Kitty.

B & Bs are not for all the traveling public. We found Gelinas Manor to meet the standards of a fine European B & B. Gelinas Manor is a fine Queen Ann home, and resembled the home of my maternal great grandparents from buffet to the glassware collection. We understand the dilemma of a recent post by a backpacker, and as a fellow backpacker, I would never intrude on a B&B. Basic civility on the part of guests, and respect for the privacy and investments of the owners is common sense.

Owning a B & B is very hard work, and we always respect the fact that we are guests in a private home. The owners are readers, and nearly every room has a wall of built in bookshelves with books that I have read as well.

No one comes to a B & B for television, but we all travel with laptop, and Gelinas Manor provides free WIFI.

The breakfast surpasses the “free breakfast” of many branded hotels. And the breakfast surpasses the Bob Evans fare.

For us, Gelinas Manor was a perfect tonic following a week’s visit at an upscale condo on the Vegas Strip.

Room Tip: All rooms have quaintness and charm. There is no road noise in the P.M.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SavantIII_11
Reviewed 15 November 2011

My husband and I stayed 2 nights in the 3rd floor suite. It would be perfect for a small family, featuring 2 bedrooms, a nice sitting area, kitchenette and hundreds of books. Lee and Kitty were gracious hosts, and the home's decor - though slightly dated - is cozy with warm family mementos. Breakfast was unusual, well-thought out, and delicious. The village is picturesque and I loved hearing the ducks on the lake across the street. Carlisle and Gettysburg were very easily accessible. Our only "concerns", as it were: if you're very tall, you might have trouble on the 3rd floor - my husband was constantly running into the eaves, and the 3rd floor was very warm (it was a very warm Oct. weekend, although our host was very gracious in trying to solve the problem.) Everything was spotless and I felt they took great care to ensure a pleasurable stay for their guests. I appreciated the excellent communication and confirmation from Mr. Gelinas, including helpful tourist information, prior to arrival.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family