“Wonderful Food, Friendly Staff, Good Drinks”

Riley's Public Pour House
Ranked #9 of 45 Restaurants in Carnegie
Cuisines: Irish
Reviewed 9 March 2015

I've been here a few times for both lunch and dinner. I've had the Cock-a-Leekie soup, and it is a hearty chicken with barley. Quite good. I've had the Reuben sandwich, which is so big some of us need a fork and knife to eat it. It is spectacular. Most recently, I've had the Shepherd's Pie, and it is out of this world.
The friendly (if grizzled-looking) old bar tender (possibly the owner?) makes one of the best Bloody Mary's in Pittsburgh. I'm not a beer drinker, so I defer to others on the selection and temperature.
I only give Riley's 4 stars because it's so small. The atmosphere is Irish and wonderful, and I'm not Irish. Love this place!

2  Thank Frances H

Reviewed 2 February 2015

I just love Riley's -- first the food is awesome. My husband and I shared the Shephards Pie, Reuben Rolls and Fish and Chips. They were delicious! I wouldn't even know what I should get the next time. The wait staff was so pleasant and went out of their way to secure us a table. The atmosphere is truly that of an Irish Pub. My only issue with this place is that its too small!!!! Go on off times so you can eat and enjoy the music and atmosphere of the place.

3  Thank Karen G
Reviewed 29 November 2014

Good selection, live music, grumpy bartender. Very enjoyable. I highly recommend this place. I didn't get anything to eat but the food looked great

2  Thank AddiFromOH
Reviewed 21 September 2014 via mobile

This small bar uses the open lot next to it in warm weather for a tent with live music. The inside area has a long bar and tables down the side. The beer selection on tap is not huge. The a Irish lamb stew was as good as mine. The cheesy mashed potatoes are yummy. The staff is friendly. You could eat there with your family. The menu is not huge, but they have all the required shepard's pies, stews, and fish and chips.

2  Thank DKMommy
Reviewed 12 July 2014

While doing The Carnegie Crawl (2nd Friday of the month in the summer), walked into Riley's Pour House to have our paper stamped. While there, we thought that we'd enjoy a bite to eat. She and I both ordered the cod cakes. Great choice :) The side salad was quite good and even had red skinned potatoes in it. As for the cod cakes...oh my! Plenty of cod with just enough breading to hold it together. I was disappointed, though, that they didn't have any hard apple cider to enjoy. I'm not a beer drinker. Ahhhhh, perhaps my suggestion will make a difference :) Next time, my husband will join me :) Ohhhh, almost forgot! The live entertainment was quite good blending Irish songs with popular music. Good toe tapping :)

3  Thank Sue N