“Slow service and apathetic wait staff”

Riley's Public Pour House
Ranked #7 of 49 Restaurants in Carnegie
Cuisines: Irish
Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

We chose this restaurant because they were in the top four in the fish bracket. We arrived at 1:30PM, ordered at 1:45PM and did not receive our food until 3:15PM. There was never an explanation or apology. It seemed as though that was the norm.
There were 6 of us and when the food was finally delivered, one person received theirs first. 4 meals came out a few minutes behind that and a few minutes later the 6th meal was delivered. We all got fish; some fried and some baked. Everyone really liked the fish and the cole slaw but the fried potatoes and French fries were cold.
The room was cold and the metal chairs were cold. That made the wait even more uncomfortable. We were in the tent room. I don’t know what the experience would have been in the bar area.
I understand the reubens are also good but the way we were treated insures that we will not be returning.

Reviewed 10 March 2018

We went for the fish as Riley's is in the final 4 of the Pittsburgh Fish Fry brackets. Sadly, I was very disappointed in the food and I'm amazed they are even in the running for best fish in town. The lunch was ordinary, over-breaded fish, ordinary big fries (that were warm, not hot) and a fairly small draft selection. I will say, the gravy for the fries was killer- maybe among the top 10 I've had but that wasn't enough to salvage the lunch. Service was pretty slow for a lunch time. Riley's looks like a great neighborhood pub - I'd probably stop back in for a beer when I'm in town but will skip the food

Reviewed 4 March 2018

You can rest assured the wings are the best in Pittsburgh. Also I advise you split a Reuben Sandwich with a friend or loved one. The Burgers are also able to be split because they are quite large. Splitting entrees assures one of having enough room for a bowl of the homemade soup for which Cheryl is famous.

Reviewed 29 October 2017

It waited 47 minutes before my server returned to take my order. Everyone else five minutes or less.

Reviewed 4 October 2017 via mobile

Went here for breakfast on a Saturday, i believe its the only day it is offered. Food and drink specials were very good. $2.00 buys you a mimosa or bloody mary,and the food prices were reasonable. Only problem was the wait for food. They have a small kitchen with a 4 burner stove and the place was very busy around 1100. We didn't get our food till 130 pm which was too long, they even comped us several bloody marys but it was too long to wait by then. Would probably not go back again, but earlier probably might be better