“Great local bar”

Alexion's Bar & Grill
Ranked #5 of 45 Restaurants in Carnegie
Reviewed 30 March 2017 via mobile

20 craft beers on tap; nice bar/booth set up. Nothing fancy, but great grilled sandwiches on fresh Italian bread. Always has specials going on. If you're looking for a sandwich and a drink while catching a game on TV, this is a good place for that.

Reviewed 7 December 2016

Having recently relocated to the Burgh, my wife and I were in search of a replacement neighborhood tavern we left behind in Bloomsburg. A friend at work recommended we try Alexion's. we just went back for the 2nd time and I think we found our new neighborhood Go-to tavern. First visit we both had burgers which were very good. The bun is a little oversized, but hey. The last time we had their "Wedgies". Very tasty. The place is family owned and operated, lots of memorabilia on the walls, lots of parking, and a couple local beers on tap, Church Brewery was one. Lastly, it was affordable and the staff was friendly and attentive. Finding Alexion's is helping to make Pittsburgh feel like home.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 31 October 2016 via mobile

So sick. I ordered a burger and asked for cheddar cheese. The waitress told me it's not an option for the burger although it's on the menu. I said I wasn't really that hungry anyway and not to worry about it. I guess she talked to her manager and said they could add cheddar to the cheese burger. I said ok. I ate about half my burger and started feeling violently ill. I was nauseous and my stomach had the worst cramps I have ever felt. I went to the bathroom just in case. I had to leave and hope I made it home in time before anything left my body........ laid down the rest of the night in a ball in excruciating pain. Work up the next morning an felt fine. What ever it was - was unlike anything I have ever experienced before. This has never happened to me in any other establishment or ever before. It was not an illness and I suspect something was put in my burger because I requested cheddar cheese. I felt compelled to leave a review warning other people what might happen if you request a modification to your food here. I will never go there again. I'm scared to.

Reviewed 24 September 2016

While staying in Greentree, we asked the hotel desk for a list of "sports bars" around so we could catch a football game. This place was on the list so we checked it out. We were happy to find it was clean, friendly staff and good food, and reasonably priced. It is also non smoking. Would recommend for anyone.

Reviewed 8 July 2016

Haven't eaten at the Alexion in probably 12 years. Went back during the US Open and decided to see if the fish was as good as I remembered. WOW! Better than I remembered. Thank you Alexion.
Another reason I miss Pittsburgh sooooo much