“amazing restaurant in carnegie featuring modern ecclectic food”

One Thirty One East
Ranked #1 of 49 Restaurants in Carnegie
Cuisines: European, Mediterranean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 19 January 2017

This is a favorite stop of ours! We often come in and have a casual, yet delicious meal, at the bar. And sometimes we come with friends and have full table service.
The standard menu is wonderful. Myfavorite is the Day Boat Scallops that has pancetta, crab Bolognese, pappardelle noodles! Decadant, but a heavy portion. and My husband's favorite is the Lamb Noodle, which is braised lamb, cavatelli and cheese curds in a reduction...which is almost a gravy consistency... that is to die for.
Their Brussel Sprout appetizer is also amazing. It is either a perfect starter or a late night snack at the bar! I have been there countless times, but have left with out Sprouts maybe 3 times! The poutine is another wonderful app, enough to share or make an light meal!
The real treat though is to see what the special of the day is. From the homemade bread pudding (peanut butter cup cheesecake bread pudding should not be missed if it is on the menu that day!) to the meals and apps! My husband swears by the Pig Wings and Sriracha Deviled Eggs that some times appear. Always try the seafood that is on special! It is guaranteed fresh and always a new take on old favorites!

Also, look for the featured beverage! They come up with unique craft cocktails. The last one was a Bee sting, a gin based drink with citrus and ancho chile! My favorite is the Malbec Margarita.

1  Thank Kmccord214

Reviewed 14 January 2017 via mobile

We went here for our work holiday party. Service was excellent and the food and drinks were delicious. Will definitely go back for a special occasion!

Reviewed 8 January 2017

This place is a gem. We were able to make reservations for 4 at 6pm on a saturday night, which was fabulous. We were meeting friends and come from completely opposite sides of Pgh so we love to find somewhere "in the middle" that has great food, great atmosphere and we are able to relax and enjoy ourselves. While a rough start, this place ended up being fabulous.

With reservations we were placed at a table of 4 in a room where about 20 were having a dinner party--not everyone was there AND it was already LOUD. We were not thrilled and let the servers and know. The hostess seemed to be challenged to accommodate us. We passed about 6 tables for 4 on our way to the party room and asked to be seated at one of these--which seemed to be a challenge. We were offered a table on the first floor but had to be finished by 8 and couldn't promise that. Eventually a manager said to seat us at one of empty tables for 4, thankfully. It was perfect, we easily could talk to (and hear) each other. The wine was excellent. The beer was excellent. The food was better than excellent...really. We ate and talked and ate and drank and ate and talked...and then had dessert...we arrived at 6 and left at TEN!!! We gave our server a HUGE tip, he was very attentive with soda and water long after dinner.

Cant wait to visit again. Pricey but worth every penny, seriously.

Reviewed 10 December 2016 via mobile

Great addition to Carnegie! Creative and delicious menu, awesome drinks and service. We will return!

Reviewed 18 November 2016 via mobile

My wife, her dad and I went here the other night for the first time and it was great. I was so impressed. We sat upstairs which had a very clean feel at a large oval table. We were kindly greeted and ordered sinks and appetizers. We ordered the Brussels sprouts and the deviled eggs. Both were outstanding. I could have eaten a huge bowl of the Brussels myself. They were cooked in a soy sauce and ginger sauce. I ordered one of the special dishes. It was a seafood bowl that had sausage, jumbo shrimp, scallops, sea bass, crab, mussels, and gnocchi and smothered in a tomato basil sauce that was great. The wife ordered the Mediterranean appetizer paste and she really liked it. I would say that the restaurant is on the more expensive side of things but I also think that their dishes are high quality and you get a good value. I can't wait to go again.