We have been to Ski Liberty every winter for the past 10 years and love it. The staff is very friendly and the facilities are top of the art. The slopes are challenging and varied enough to keep you coming back for a snow day, even if you are an advanced skier. The Children's Learning Center (CLC) is fantastic, and Liberty's snow making capabilities are excellent. If you have young children consider enrolling them in a day camp at the CLC. The advantage is that the children will have the same instructors for two 2 hour classes in the morning and afternoon, and progress much faster than if they take individual one hour classes with new instructors who have to get to know them each time. Lunch and skis are included in the very reasonable rate. I enrolled my daughters in the CLC for 3-5 days each year starting at age 5 and they quickly became avid double black diamond and mogul skiers. They know all the techniques and are very safe on the slopes. There is plenty of food on site, and there are many places where a non-skier can hang out, plug in, and work or read a book. If you are a good/decent skier, consider going to the back of the mountain and staying there all day. The lines for the ski lifts are much shorter. There is a small restaurant, and they offer free water and hot cocoa throughout January on that side of the mountain. The front of the mountain is more suitable for beginners. Lines are rarely really long, even on weekends. After 4 p.m. the crowds really thin out. The slopes are lit, so you can ski safely well into the night. We usually come for the day, and when we stay overnight we tend to stay in Gettysburg, which is nearby and much cheaper, but the resort on site is lovely and comfortable. Tips: Check the live cams ahead of your trip to review the snow conditions. In our experience lines are never so long that it is worth purchasing your lift tickets ahead of time, but if you plan to ski at least 6-8 times, do purchase an advantage pass before October 31 to receive a 40% reduction in lift and rental rates.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Liberty Mountain Resort is a four season resort located 8 miles south of Gettysburg, PA. Visitors to the resort will enjoy the beautiful mountain setting and multiple activities and amenities. The resort features skiing, snowboarding and snow tubing in the winter months, and an 18 hole championship golf course and huge mountainside outdoor pool in the summer. Year round, the resort's multiple picturesque venues and onsite restaurants and catering, make it the perfect location for weddings, conferences and social and business gatherings. Currently under construction and scheduled to open in the fall of 2015, the Highland Lodge will expand the resorts offerings to include 2 new restaurants, 17 additional hotel rooms and suites, an indoor pool and more social and meeting space. Whether you enjoy skiing, snowboarding, golfing or just relaxing; you'll find Liberty Mountain Resort is a wonderful getaway! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Liberty Mountain Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Liberty Mountain Resort & Carroll Valley Golf Hotel Carroll Valley
- Liberty Mountain Resort And Carroll Valley Golf