We stayed here for a large family birthday party /reunion. We not only used their facilities for that party but ate their restaurant, drank at the bar, used the swimming pool and golfed. The place was recently renovated and is trying to be an upscale four-season resort. The renovations are outstanding. The outdoor fire patio is a showpiece and might be the one thing to get us to come back. The golf course has a great layout and you can tell a lot of money has been poured into it recently but it's not to the level of golf I would expect for the price. You can tell a lot of money is being poured into this plus to improve it, but it still has a ways to go. Our room was great. The bartenders were outstanding. The indoor pool was very nice. This place has the potential to be great it just needs execution.The one thing that really ruined our trip I asked to check out 30 minutes later than the normal checkout because I was spending more money at the resort to golf after already dropping around $600 the day before between food, drinks, and room. I wanted to shower and change after my round of golf. They refused to accommodate my simple request. It was a Sunday and they had no large group coming in on Monday. I did talk to management about the problem after my round of golf. However, I already had to have my things removed from the room as the lady at the front desk so gracefully commanded us to do before my round of golf in the early morning. I think an 11:30 checkout time when the normal is 11 to spend more money is nothing that causes For the level of the resort they want to be and their prices they ask for, I found this to not just be annoying but uncalled for. I will give management credit for apologizing and agreeing this was unacceptable. I hope they do a better job training and empowering their staff to at least ask management if they can accommodate these easy requests before they just reject them.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Liberty Mountain Resort is a four season resort located 8 miles south of Gettysburg, PA. Visitors to the resort will enjoy the beautiful mountain setting and multiple activities and amenities. The resort features skiing, snowboarding and snow tubing in the winter months, and an 18 hole championship golf course and huge mountainside outdoor pool in the summer. Year round, the resort's multiple picturesque venues and onsite restaurants and catering, make it the perfect location for weddings, conferences and social and business gatherings. Currently under construction and scheduled to open in the fall of 2015, the Highland Lodge will expand the resorts offerings to include 2 new restaurants, 17 additional hotel rooms and suites, an indoor pool and more social and meeting space. Whether you enjoy skiing, snowboarding, golfing or just relaxing; you'll find Liberty Mountain Resort is a wonderful getaway! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia and TripOnline SA so you can book your Liberty Mountain Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Liberty Mountain Resort & Carroll Valley Golf Hotel Carroll Valley
- Liberty Mountain Resort And Carroll Valley Golf