Stayed here for a wedding. Considering that this is a ski resort, I was very surprised at how expensive rooms were for this time of year - especially considering that the only guests seemed to be there for weddings. Since it was a relatively popular event weekend (there were two other weddings at the hotel the previous day), the only non-suite rooms they had available were double beds, which actually appeared to be slightly smaller than a standard-size "full" mattress - not very practical given that most folks travel as a couple and/or are used to larger-sized beds at hotels anyways.
The room was very clean, if not modern. The shower was configured strangely - there seemed to be no way to prevent water from getting all over the bathroom floor each time it was used. We also had some difficulties with the thermostat, causing the room to get very warm during the night. The walls/floors/ceilings must have been very thin, because we could hear other guests coming/going, talking, laughing and listening to music all night. (To be fair, this was probably exacerbated by the amount of celebrating taking place that particular weekend - however, the acoustics were such that it felt more like we had house guests than hotel room neighbors.)
Staff was pleasant and friendly on the few occasions we dealt with them. Overall, our stay was "okay." Not an exceptional experience, but certainly not a bad one either. It was very middle-of-the-road.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Liberty Mountain Resort is a four season resort located 8 miles south of Gettysburg, PA. Visitors to the resort will enjoy the beautiful mountain setting and multiple activities and amenities. The resort features skiing, snowboarding and snow tubing in the winter months, and an 18 hole championship golf course and huge mountainside outdoor pool in the summer. Year round, the resort's multiple picturesque venues and onsite restaurants and catering, make it the perfect location for weddings, conferences and social and business gatherings. Currently under construction and scheduled to open in the fall of 2015, the Highland Lodge will expand the resorts offerings to include 2 new restaurants, 17 additional hotel rooms and suites, an indoor pool and more social and meeting space. Whether you enjoy skiing, snowboarding, golfing or just relaxing; you'll find Liberty Mountain Resort is a wonderful getaway! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Liberty Mountain Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Liberty Mountain Resort & Carroll Valley Golf Hotel Carroll Valley
- Liberty Mountain Resort And Carroll Valley Golf