All reviewsgolf packageround of golfhotel roompro shopski schoolmain buildingbuffet breakfasthot tubshort drivecarrolllodgetubingweddingsnowboardinggolfedowlhousekeeping
Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

Real nice resort. Rooms clean nice view from the rooms the golf course is in really good shape staff friendly and knowledgeable nice restaurants and night clubs. You don't have to leave the resort until checkout if you choose

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
LibertyMountain, Public Relations Manager at Liberty Mountain Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2017

Thank you very much for staying at Liberty Mountain Resort, we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 7 September 2017

Stayed here for a wedding. Considering that this is a ski resort, I was very surprised at how expensive rooms were for this time of year - especially considering that the only guests seemed to be there for weddings. Since it was a relatively popular event weekend (there were two other weddings at the hotel the previous day), the only non-suite rooms they had available were double beds, which actually appeared to be slightly smaller than a standard-size "full" mattress - not very practical given that most folks travel as a couple and/or are used to larger-sized beds at hotels anyways.

The room was very clean, if not modern. The shower was configured strangely - there seemed to be no way to prevent water from getting all over the bathroom floor each time it was used. We also had some difficulties with the thermostat, causing the room to get very warm during the night. The walls/floors/ceilings must have been very thin, because we could hear other guests coming/going, talking, laughing and listening to music all night. (To be fair, this was probably exacerbated by the amount of celebrating taking place that particular weekend - however, the acoustics were such that it felt more like we had house guests than hotel room neighbors.)

Staff was pleasant and friendly on the few occasions we dealt with them. Overall, our stay was "okay." Not an exceptional experience, but certainly not a bad one either. It was very middle-of-the-road.

Room Tip: No elevator in the Alpine Lodge - be prepared for stairs
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank lindseym329
Reviewed 3 September 2017

The room was beautiful - clean and the beds were very comfortable. The staff were all friendly and very informative. The pools and hot tub were great. The breakfast was delicious. The only criticism was that we were on the second floor and there were no elevators and we had quite a lot of luggage.

Apart from Gettysbury which was 15 mins drive away there was not a lot of places to eat in the vicinity and I felt the hotel restaurants were quite expensive.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Carolyn548
Reviewed 25 July 2017

I stayed here for a wedding this past weekend. I even purchased the room as part of a wedding package and for one night it was pricey. They charged my card on the day I made the reservation. I have never been charged by a hotel on the day of the reservation. I have only been charged after using the facilities. I asked and they just told me that it was "standard" practice. I do not agree. I travel a lot and have not had this happen before. I was disappointed with the price but figured that maybe it would be really nice. I was so wrong. I tried to get an earlier check in time because check in was at 3pm and the wedding was at 4pm. You'd think they would have earlier check in available for since the wedding is literally an hour after check in. That's not enough time to get ready if you've been traveling all day. Luckily I called ahead on the day of a couple of times and they were able to accommodate an earlier time for me. The room was updated that for sure but it was cheaply updated. There were dirty cups in the room when I checked in and when I showered there was hair ALL over the walls and floor. It was the first shower I had and I don't have that color hair, which tells me that the shower was never clean. The longer I stayed (which was only a night) the more I felt like they didn't clean the room. The screen to the porch was broken and a wasp looked like he was making a nest there. When I brought these issues up with the front desk all they said was "okay" and gave me my receipt. My parents were staying in a similar room that was older and far dirtier than the one I was in but cost about $50 more. This resort is obviously for the ski season, so you'd think that during the summer the prices would be a little better. I was sooooo disappointed with this hotel. I would not recommend staying here. If you need to come here for a wedding, there is a hotel down the road that only charges $80 instead of $200 a night. I wish I had just stayed there.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
4  Thank Shannaboo16
Reviewed 13 July 2017

The view we had was absolutely beautiful! The rooms were nice, though expensive. My fiance and I were there for a wedding and everything turned out spectacularly! Would recommend to anyone in the area- or out of state like us!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family