“A Must Stop For REAL Italian Food”

Mario's Italian Restaurant
Ranked #22 of 174 Restaurants in Chambersburg
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 15 August 2017

Mario's was highly recommended by someone we met at out hotel who had eaten there. We were so impressed, we went back the next night AND got a pizza to go. The pizza looked like something in a magazine.

The fresh baked bread is amazing, as well as Mario's marinara sauce.

Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

Visited two weeks ago for a business trip with two co workers. We ordered a mozarella stick appetizer. We quickly realized they were frozen. Sauce was bland. I ordered a veal parmesan while a coworker ordered something else. Their food was bland with no seasoning and my linguini must have had all of the salt they didn't give her. The third coworker got cheese ravioli and said they were edible but not enjoyable. We ordered a pitcher of Yuengling beer only to find out that it was $14!! Ridiculous. I've honestly had better food at a gas station. We arrived about 6:30pm to a completely empty restaurant. That should have been our first warning. I can say without a doubt that we will never return.

Reviewed 8 August 2017

I took my daughter and friend to lunch here. The service was very good and friendly. We each ordered something different. There are vegetarian options for any non meat eaters in your group. My pasta was good and the rolls for the hamburgers appeared to be homemade. The buns were huge and very tasty. I also like that they bring out bread to eat before your meal arrives. This is great especially if you are really hungry.

Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

Ordered pizza, and it was amazing. Must try the veggie pizza! Went to eat at restaurant another night, and it was thoroughly mediocre. Would definitely order pizza again, but not visit again for dinner.

Reviewed 27 June 2017 via mobile

The Pescatori was very good with a healthy portion of shrimp, scallops, muscles, and clams. The imperial scallops were insanely delicious. I went into a slight coma on the first bite. If I had to criticize this place I would say the crab soup had mixed frozen veggies it (but that's how my mom makes it), Alfredo and Marsala wine sauce in the imperial scallops clumped a little at the end, but I'm no perfectionist. The the bread was herb infused and very good. Our service was great and prompt. I will go again and receives my stamp of approval!