“Anger management training in order”

Mario's Italian Restaurant
Ranked #23 of 171 Restaurants in Chambersburg
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 30 October 2017

We had reservations for a group of 24+ and had agreed in our reservation call to two 12+ tables (one for kids and one for adults). We show up to an 8 person table and a long table of @20. We very politely ask the server if we can push one table over to make a 12 person table for the kids - there was plenty of room and it would cause no disruption. She nervously says she has to check. The person I assume is owner/manager comes out, immediately with an aggressive attitude and says "no" with disgust and disdain for us, "it would be messy" and "not look right" and the "tables wouldn't match" (Mario's is hardly a fine dining establishment with linen table cloths). We say how we had made a reservation and asked for two 12 person tables. He goes from aggressive attitude to very angry, one of our party somewhat jokingly/sarcastically says "you really want us to take our large party elsewhere?" at which point he gets very LOUD (whole restaurant was watching) and kicks this guy out, turns around and kicks out the whole party (kids included) loudly yelling at us, including a "what are you looking at." All of this done in front of 10 and 11 year old girls.

Short story - I can't comment on food but I can say the owner/manager has serious issues so I can only imagine if you have to deal with him be very careful, especially if you have kids with you.

I would expect a restaurant manager or owner to be polite, to not be the one to escalate, and to be somewhat understanding (even if he, as is his right, is being inflexible).

Reviewed 10 October 2017

the whole wait staff were wonderful and attentive. arrived after a long day outside at apple festival and didn't know what to eat. my sister had chicken parm and i had seafood lasagna. She is the hardest person to pleassssssssssssssse on the planet and tells me the best chicken parm she has every had !!!!!! Mine was absolutely delicious!!!!! i didn't think with scallops, crab and shrimp and lite tomato sauce , i would have eaten there everyday!!!! i wanted to try EVERYTHING ON THE MENU!!!!

Reviewed 6 October 2017

On a recent visit to Chambersburg to have lunch with a good family friend, Mario's Italian restaurant was suggested and I'm so glad we went. Service was great, food was excellent and the owners even stopped by our table to chat. The food is authentic and portions are generous. Give Mario's a try; you will enjoy the experience.

Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

My coworker just loves this restaurant. He recommended that I go and I was pleasantly surprise because their Pizza is very very very good. Although I love pizza pizza but this pizza is more thin and is very delicious

Reviewed 28 August 2017

a group of us have gotten in the habit of eating here every August. it's ok but I think we should try some place different next year. not awful but there's surely a better option.