All reviews texas roadhouse long term stay small kitchen kitchen area queen bed dvd player restaurants and shopping within walking distance nice size hot tub workout room staff was friendly great place to stay one night stay stove pantry recliner
Reviewed 29 May 2018

This was a one night stay on our way to the Outer Banks. We found the hotel to be very basic and a little outdated. Not sure I've ever stayed at a hotel that didn't have shampoo or an ice machine.
The queen bed was soft and not comfortable. And the blue light on the thermostat was OBNOXIOUS! It sounds silly but it was so bright, I wished I would have packed duct tape!
But the room was clean with a nice kitchenette and a pleasant staff.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NanMag48
Reviewed 24 May 2018

It took me 10 minutes to clean the crud off the kitchen counter. Shortly after, I dropped an item on the floor and it ended up under the bed. When i retrieved it, I found prescription pills and rotten chocolate pieces. The motel is pet friendly and you will know it when you hear dogs barking in the middle of the night.

All in all our stay was a nightmare. I left with a whole body itch. I suspect dog fleas. You can do much better for far less.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank hinerism
Reviewed 16 May 2018

We were very happy with our overnight stay at this hotel! The bed was very comfortable, the room was gorgeous! Very nice, updated and homey decor! We had a little kitchen area with granite counter-tops and beautiful cabinets, newer appliances, VERY NICE! The Bathroom was very nice, beautiful warm colors throughout the room! Nicest decor of any hotel on our trip and we stayed in 4 different hotels! Nice desk, fairly large, very clear defined image TV! We also wanted a place with a pool and spa and so we used both! The pool was not large, but bigger than a lot of hotels these days. The spa was larger than most hotel spa's that we've been in. Very hot, nice. Not all the jets were working, so that's the only thing we would say needed attention! The absolute only other thing we would recommend to this hotel (because most everything was so perfect) would be to beautify your pool and spa area a bit! It's large enough to add some small potted trees and greenery (there was no decor in the pool area), and that alone would greatly enhance the whole experience!

Room Tip: This was our first stay, but we were happy with our first floor room, which included a kitchenette.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 April 2018 via mobile

Pleasantly surprised! Friendly staff, very clean rooms, huge fridge, very comfortable bed. Pet friendly and it absolutely smelled very good. Short distance to shops and restaurants. And best of all, price was very reasonable. Will be back!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Jonica S, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Chambersburg, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2018

Marcelle B, Thank you for such a kind review. Our staff strives to make our guests feel welcomed. Glad our accommodations met your needs. Come back and stay again soon. Safe travels.

Reviewed 13 April 2018 via mobile

We made a one night stop at this newer hotel just off I-81. The hotel common areas and the room were clean and new. The room was equipped with a large frig, and small kitchen, a comfy queen bed, and even a recliner. So why the low rating? The room had the thermostat installed beside the bed, and it has a large display in blue light. We searched for a way to dim the light but could not find a way. We covered it with a double layer of towel from the bathroom, and it was so bright that the white towels just glowed blue right through two thicknesses of terrycloth!!! Blue light is bothersome to many, including me. Since I was only interested in a nice comfy nights sleep and ended up tossing and turning in the blue glow of the thermostat, I rated this low. I suggest that IHG go back to their designers and change that ‘feature ‘ so that light is eliminated....it is a big detractor for an otherwise nice room.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BAEberly
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Chambersburg, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2018

Hi BAEberly,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. We are happy to know that you liked our rooms and common areas. On the other hand, we are sorry to hear about the inconvenience caused by the blue light of the thermostat. What you described certainly isn't what we want our guests to have. Rest assured your feedback has been forwarded to the management team for evaluation. In addition, we have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay.

Joel A