“Great Craft Brewery”

Price range: US$7 - US$15
Cuisines: American, Brew Pub
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Description: Roy Pitz is a craft brewery and tap room in Chambersburg, PA offering a wide variety of german inspired craft brews along side our Beer Stube, a 100 seat restaurant and bar offering live music, food and retail beer sales and all our liquid art available to be consumed on site at the brewery. We offer a full menu that embodies the Roy-Pitz spirit of classic favorites with an artistic twist. We pair our menu with our award-winning Liquid Art to unique combination of culinary and liquid artistry, local ingredients, all in a social and relaxed environment. The Beer Stube features live music as well as trivia and events throughout the week.
Reviewed 24 September 2017

I wanted to check out a brewery on the Cumberland Valley Beer Trail, and Roy Pitz is the southernmost stop, which worked out since I was staying in West Virginia for a couple weeks.

I made the stop on my way back from Gettysburg (which is a whole other, amazing story on its own). While I didn't plan on staying for long since I needed to get back to my hotel, I did want to try a variety of their beers. Julie, an amazingly helpful, friendly, and fun bartender, came right to my service with suggestions based on what I said I did and did not like. I ended up getting a flight (sample sizes of 4 different beers). What I really liked about the flight was that it comes with a "grading" sheet for each pour. Based on what we (the customers) put, I would hope that this sheet is used to assess each beer and make improvements where needed.

After conversation with Julie, she was quick to offer me other beers that weren't part of my flight in order for me to see the variety they offer along with the different versions of some of their staples. For example, I wasn't a huge fan of their sour beer (Sour Hound), but when she offered me their "Cherry Hound", I loved it.

I travel to the Eastern Panhandle of West Virginia occasionally for work, and while WV doesn't excite me much, Roy Pitz, which is only about 45 minutes up I-81 from Martinsburg, does. I'll return the next time I head east.

Reviewed 1 September 2017

The food was fresh and amazingly good. The beer selection was unique and reasonably priced. The server was friendly and helpful. I wish this place was in my neighborhood. I would be there all the time!

Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

Our family of six tried this rustic gem this evening and it was a true find. The beer was excellent, I highly recommend the "Best Blonde" draft, very smooth and similar to Bud Light. The service was great and the food was phenomenal. We will definitely be back soon!

Reviewed 18 August 2017

My husband and I meet monthly with a group at Roy Pitz and find it to be a very cozy place with really good food and drink. Really love their sandwiches and I am slowly working through the menu - so far, pleased with everything. They also have the best, REAL French fries to go with meals. The beer and cider are exceptional. The service is as good as can be reasonably expected since they are usually really busy - servers go out of their way to seat us together and get us our food. The food is worth waiting for anyway. So pleased to be able to support another good local business instead of the chain restaurants flooding Chambersburg.......try it, you'll like it!

Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

Another wonderful luncheon with friends and our puppies. Great food as always! Thanks Maren for your wonderful service!! Best waitress!!!