“Be prepared to be blown away by their food!”
Review of Francesco's

Francesco's
Ranked #6 of 18 Restaurants in Clairton
Reviewed 16 September 2015

Atmosphere was that of an adorable little Italian family restaurant and we were lucky enough to go during the week so it wasn't busy but I'd recommend reservations for any other time. Service was impeccable! The wine was very reasonably priced ($6.95/glass) and I would estimate it was a 6-8 oz pour so larger than normal!

Now for the best part-THE FOOD! Hands down the best meal we've had! The salad was perfectly dressed with their house balsamic and the garlic bread was fresh, warm, and toasty. My partner ordered the seafood trio (scallops, shrimp, & lobster) in this amazingly creamy white sauce that will make you forget all of your troubles! All of the seafood was cooked to perfection and scallops are tricky, but done impeccably.I ordered the filet & shrimp which comes with 2-4oz filet medallions, shrimp, mashed potatoes, & broccoli in a wine based sauce. The filets just MELTED in your mouth! I am also a very picky potato person and these were delightful! Now don't forget desert! They had several offerings but we ordered what they make in-house: tiramisu & cannoli! Neither disappointed us! I would absolutely recommend to anyone looking for a good Italian restaurant. It is worth the drive!!!! We'll be going back!

Reviewed 22 April 2015

This little restaurant is tucked in on Route 51 with a lot of non-restaurant businesses. That is the only dichotomy here! Once you enter the door, to the left is a pub worthy of any European place. To the right is the restaurant, it is small, but the food is exquisite! You really must try the bruschetta, oh my! We've been many times, they remember us. Good knowledge of wine, always a great time.

Reviewed 7 January 2015

It has been a number of years since we had gone to Francesco's in Large, Pa for dinner. We just keep forgetting about it and they don't advertise much. We went last evening and had a fantastic meal. Service was excellent and the food was excellent. And I would say the prices, for both wine and food were well within reason for the quality. I would usually leave a 20% gratuity for a excellent meal . . . but left 25% as the service and food was really that outstanding. I will be returning soon!

Reviewed 6 January 2014

good food...nice atmosphere...reasonable price...but to exit the restaurant onto state route 51 toward Pittsburgh is impossible...a Jersey barrier does not allow you to travel north...there is no place to turn around...what a shame because this place is worth going to

1  Thank richard s
Reviewed 10 November 2013

I loved the food. The salad was served family style and was quite good. The bread was tasty and our pasta was excellent and flavorful. I will return to Francescos.

2  Thank PensandSteelersFan