“They don't want business”
Review of Francesco's

Francesco's
Ranked #6 of 18 Restaurants in Clairton
Reviewed 8 June 2017

This is the second time I tried going to Francesco's and I was told the same thing both times. I was asked if I had a reservation which I did not. I was told there would be an hour wait. This was on a Wednesday night at 7 PM. There were many open tables for 4 that had silverware, napkins and glasses ready for the next customers. A table of 8 just left. The hostess was very pleasant but embarrassed that she couldn't seat us after checking with the chef. I guess Francesco's doesn't want business. I will never attempt to eat here again. Instead, we drove down to Elizabeth just another mile or so and ate at Rockwell's Red Lion. They welcomed us and we were immediately seated and dinner was delicious. Do not waste your time on Francesco's. They don't appreciate their patrons.

Reviewed 23 April 2017 via mobile

Looks like a little local restaurant, but food is 5 star. Veal and the pasta carbonara are amazing. Definitely call ahead and get a reservation.

Reviewed 28 February 2016 via mobile

Always worth the wait because the food is so well done. I highly recommend getting reservations in advance. Anything you eat here is tremendous.

Reviewed 16 September 2015

Atmosphere was that of an adorable little Italian family restaurant and we were lucky enough to go during the week so it wasn't busy but I'd recommend reservations for any other time. Service was impeccable! The wine was very reasonably priced ($6.95/glass) and I would estimate it was a 6-8 oz pour so larger than normal!

Now for the best part-THE FOOD! Hands down the best meal we've had! The salad was perfectly dressed with their house balsamic and the garlic bread was fresh, warm, and toasty. My partner ordered the seafood trio (scallops, shrimp, & lobster) in this amazingly creamy white sauce that will make you forget all of your troubles! All of the seafood was cooked to perfection and scallops are tricky, but done impeccably.I ordered the filet & shrimp which comes with 2-4oz filet medallions, shrimp, mashed potatoes, & broccoli in a wine based sauce. The filets just MELTED in your mouth! I am also a very picky potato person and these were delightful! Now don't forget desert! They had several offerings but we ordered what they make in-house: tiramisu & cannoli! Neither disappointed us! I would absolutely recommend to anyone looking for a good Italian restaurant. It is worth the drive!!!! We'll be going back!

Reviewed 22 April 2015

This little restaurant is tucked in on Route 51 with a lot of non-restaurant businesses. That is the only dichotomy here! Once you enter the door, to the left is a pub worthy of any European place. To the right is the restaurant, it is small, but the food is exquisite! You really must try the bruschetta, oh my! We've been many times, they remember us. Good knowledge of wine, always a great time.