US$63
Fairfield Inn Scranton(Scranton)
US$89
Residence Inn Scranton(Scranton)
US$134
All reviewsmain buildingwedding venuei'm gladbit datedchain hotelsroom was largebeds were comfortablesheetzcollege
Reviewed 3 July 2017

The room was smelly and the toilet had a huge ring around the bowl. The clientele had really gone downhill over time. You could hear people yelling and carrying on. When we returned after dinner we saw the hotel surrounded by police and they had removed a child from the hotel. Never again will we go there!!

3  Thank maitlyn64
Reviewed 27 June 2017

This hotel needs to be closed down. Being a nurse, I feel it is a complete health/safety risk to any one who stays here!
The pillows in our room had brown sweat stains all over them. The jacuzzi was half full of water, yellowish green with small particles floating on top. The room they gave us was in the Presidential section. The carpets were filthy and the entire building smelled musty and full of mold. We walked out.

Reviewed 25 June 2017

The room was large and clean. Hmm, what else good can I say? All of the small amenities are lacking. Yes, there is a small fridge, but there's so much ice in the freezer part that it won't close. The tissue dispenser is empty. There is one washcloth. The ice machine is broken. The air conditioner rattled and squeaked all night (but did cool the room).

The free internet is not bad, but you have to re authorize almost every time you use it.

Room Tip: Room at the back was very quiet
Reviewed 12 June 2017

Upon returning home from our stay, I found that my credit card had unauthorized charges from Nichols Village. When we checked in, they asked us to add a card for incidental items, but assured us that the card would not be charged. I called the office about the charges and was told (in no uncertain terms) that whoever said that had lied: cards are charged $25 per night as a "security deposit." I then asked why the charges were more that twice the so-called security deposit for our stay, but he was unable to explain.

If you stay, use a low-balance credit card with a very small available balance.

My original, unedited, review is posted below. This was written before the charges appeared on my card.

As someone else already pointed out, Nichols Village is a sad place. The receptionists are all friendly and courteous, but the building itself is well beyond its glory years.

The room was clean and comfortable, nothing special, but no problems either. It had a small refrigerator and coffee maker for amenities, along with Wi-Fi and cable TV.

The rest of the hotel was not as fortunate.

The pool has been "temporarily closed" for over a year (based on reviews from 2016), and its hallway has been poorly covered over with plastic and a handwritten note that reads "Closed to the public." The remainder of the building was clean, but with a general feeling of neglect: somebody sweeps and vacuums, but nobody does repairs.

In addition, we were told that their reservations and payment systems had just crashed that night, but that too seems to be a perpetual condition.

If you're looking for breakfast in the morning, try the Silver Spoon Diner down the street, or the Glenburn Grill and Bakery a bit further. When we were at the hotel, breakfast consisted of cold cereal and bagels. Understanding that a complimentary continental breakfast is not gourmet, I still expected a bit more variety.

With some new owners, a bit of hard work, and a budget-driven plan for renovations, this could be a great place to stay. Until then, I'll be staying elsewhere.

Stayed: June 2017
2  Thank ehlodex
Reviewed 11 June 2017 via mobile

Where do I start? Our first room had a broken tub. The second, the door didn't lock. The third, broken toilet. The fourth, broken air conditioner. Finally stayed in the fifth room. Amazing that they had so many room to switch us to? And as for the free breakfast? Bagels and bread with only jelly to put on it, cereal, 2 muffins and coffee (no juice) and no napkins.do I need to say more? The only reason I gave it 2 Stars was that the room was clean.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple