“Good seats, okay eats”

Movie Tavern Providence Town Center
Reviewed 8 February 2016

We went to check out the Movie Tavern last night. We were impressed with the smaller more intimate theater. The seats are purchased ahead of time, so you get to sit where you would prefer. The service was okay. I wish our waitress could have remembered that we ordered something to drink. Our food was the okay. The menu is loaded with typical bar fare. The place is very clean and the staff at the entrance are enthusiastic. We would go again because our kids would bet a kick out of the setup.

Reviewed 22 January 2016 via mobile

Food is never anything special. All frozen and fried. Service is decent and seats are comfortable. Gave two stars due to seating: it's impossible to get good seats anymore and the kiosk in the lobby are horrible.

Reviewed 13 January 2016

Great seats (reserve early). Good food and excellent service. The best way to have dinner or snacks. Great fun for the whole family or a date night.

Reviewed 4 January 2016

First time to a dinner and movie theatre, kind of a neat experience. While we only ordered buttered popcorn and adult beverages I like the idea of being able to order real food and having it served to me while I'm watching a moving. It was mid afternoon so having a meal at that time just did not suit, next time we'll plan differently, The seats were good and the were stepped up enough so that others were not in your way. Picture and sound quality were also very good. It was a very full theater and I was surprised at how little the servers distracted from me enjoying the show, well done. I'll do this again.

Reviewed 29 December 2015

The food is usually good, but not 100% consistent. Some items are better than others. They got rid of my favorite (fruit and cheese plate). The last time I was there, it was not available at that time. Perhaps it is a seasonal item. Missed it. There's not that many vegetarian items. Anyway,….the movies are pretty inexpensive,…which is the good part. The food is reasonable but just a little more perhaps than it should be. Great date night. Great location. Can walk or shop before or after the movie. They have a cafe like area just inside the entrance that's a good spot for desserts, drinks or coffee. Then, you order your meal or appetizer and drink before the movie from a waiter and have it served to you while you watch the movie. Kind of like a modern day drive in theatre without the car. I recommend!