“Fun Experience Dining at the Bar”

Marios Family Italian Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 83 Restaurants in Coraopolis
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Mario's is a touch of Italy in Moon Township! Dine in, Take out, Full Bar, Daily Features, Event Center, Catering! Casual Elegance, Relaxed Atmosphere, Quality Food, Quality Service! Northern Italian Cuisine, Open 1971 Customers Are Our Pleasure! Reservations Accepted. Open Monday-Saturday at 5:00. Event Center Day Time for Groups of 30 or More Located Just Outside Pittsburgh, Close to Pittsburgh International Airport, Close to Robert Morris University, Close to Many Great Hotels in the Area, Many Hotels Offer Shuttle Service, Wheel Chair Accessible, Accept MasterCard, Visa, Discover, American Express
Reviewed 5 June 2018 via mobile

Leah was charming barmaid and very friendly/ accommodating to a friend and me. Stuffed mushrooms was a very flavorful appetizer and drink pours were perfectly served.
Ordered lemon grilled sole which only received a "C" grade due to its small size and lack of flavor. Small Caesar salad received a "B", but ziti with marinara side and chicken parmesan received "A"s.
Meals were served quickly and came out really hot which we loved.
Great family-owned and operated hideaway that we will definitely return to.

Date of visit: June 2018

Reviewed 26 May 2018 via mobile

We visited Mario’s on a tip from an employee at a hotel we were staying, my husbands favorite food is Italian so we thought we would give it a try. It is a hidden gem in a plaza, very nondescript. Don’t let the outside fool you, what’s inside is amazing from the service to the food. It is very old school on the inside, all of the staff makes you feel like your home.
They start out with rolls dripping in garlic butter, the waitress let us know what dishes they were famous for, on her recommendation I had Chicken Romano, my husband had pasta with meat sauce, both were excellent, the meat sauce is not on the menu, but if your a fan go for it!
We will be back although 1 1/2 hours from our house! Thank you Mario’s for your hospitality and an amazing dinner.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 12 April 2018

Mario’s was recommended to me by my hotel and what a great choice!!!!!! This place, hard to believe!!!!!!!!, rivals some of the best restaurants I have ever eaten at around the world!!!!!! I know that might be hard to believe but it’s the truth!!!!!!! My greeter, servers, bar tender were some of the nicest people I have ever had the pleasure of dealing with at a restaurant. Sue, my greeter, and Marcy, my server are both in the upper echelon of a list of the best people I have ever had accommodate me at a culinary experience. They also brought out for me to talk with their 20+ year chef named Tim!!! He was awesome!!!!!!!!! We talked about the best restaurants in Asia I have eaten at and he told me he would make me anything I wanted NOT on the menu if I had an idea!!!! Unbelievable!!!!! ….. I opted for food on his menu and it was “World Class”!!!!! I can’t believe how great the food was and the entire experience!!!!!!! This place is now ranked so high on my world list of best places to enjoy food and great ambiance!!!! PLEASE!!!!! Give this place a try…… Tim also sent out a dessert, on the house, that was to die for!!!! I would almost fly into the Pitt airport just to drive 15 minutes away to eat here again and have this experience!!!! Thanks to everyone who made this an unforgettable experience!!!!!!!!

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 7 April 2018

The three of us were looking forward to authentic Italian food and decided to try Mario's for the first time. My first concern was the two specials listed for the evening, as one was kielbasa, perogies, and haluski, (Polish food). I ordered the other special entree, which contained chicken, shrimp, and spinach over a nearly sauceless fettuccine. My husband ordered veal that tasted like "a reheat, mushy". My dinner salad was wilted lettuce, tasteless olives, and went uneaten. We we seated quickly but waited approximately 45 minutes for dinner. We would not be inclined to return, as there are other restaurants nearby that are rarely disappointing.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 15 March 2018 via mobile

Very good. As close to Italian home cooking as can be. Veal parmigiana was fanatic. Sauce was tasty. And the cannolis are to die for! Staff was very friendly.

Date of visit: March 2018