All reviews microwave and small refrigerator convenience store turkey chili dryer desk tv shampoo amenities
Reviewed 21 July 2017

My husband and I have been staying here since 1987, so obviously, we like it. The rooms are on the small side, but they are always clean and are constantly being improved. If we ever need an extra pillow, blanket, towel or soap, it is brought with a smile. We stayed in the Family room recently and were surprised at how large it is. It was very comfortable and clean, as always. There is apparently a pump under the building, but it is turned off around 10:30 pm and turned back on again about 8:30 am, so it didn't bother us at all.
We think it's the best deal in the area, and will continue to stay here, we hope for many more years!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 June 2017

We made reservations at the Penn Amish Motel after a sudden and unexpected change in plans. The manager was accommodating and helpful. The rooms were clean and the beds comfortable for an older style inn.

Stayed: June 2017
Reviewed 7 May 2017

I'll start by saying that my husband and I like the old fashioned, drive up motels. If you don't like them, move on to a different place. We have a favorite old time motel in Amish country, Ronks, that we always stay at if we're in the local Lancaster area. This weekend we were further north, up by the Shupps Grove Flea Market and various antique stores. Penn Amish fit the bill. Reasonably priced, drive up to the room and clean. Was it perfect? No, but for the price it was great. The highlights of this motel are that it is quiet and it is clean. If I had to complain about something it would be the beds. They felt kind of cheap. Not uncomfortable, but not real comfy either. I almost felt a little off balance on it, maybe the box springs are old I don't know. Other than two very small bars of soap, a microwave and small refrigerator there are no amenities that I found. There is no coffee pot, no ironing board, no shampoo, no moisturizer, no hair dryer. Just a basic, clean room. The bathroom configuration is a bit weird. Door almost hits the toilet, but the bathroom was clean and the hot water plentiful. Again, if you're looking for more than the basics, move on. Would def stay here again. Clean and quiet. No frills.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 April 2017

We recently spent the weekend at this motel, staying in room #4. The cost was good for the area and appropriate for the level of accommodations. We had a king bed, refrigerator, tv, and microwave. Free wifi was also included and speed was adequate. The furniture was in good shape and the room was clean (passed the black light test). The bathroom was small with a pedestal sink, toilet, and tub/shower combo. The shower head was not great, but the hot water didn't run out. The proprietor was polite and courteous. We had no problems upgrading our reservation after arrival. We encountered an issue in the room due to the previous occupant obviously not knowing enough to keep the shower curtain in the tub when showering. The carpet outside the bathroom door was soaked. (We found this out after taking off our shoes...) Once notified, the proprietor immediately came over to assess the situation bringing towels to soak up the water. Our bill was accurate, but we did not get a written receipt. We left before the office was open and did not want to disturb anyone. However, a receipt was sent via email. All in all, it was a nice stay. The bed was comfortable and the motel is centrally located in the town.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 April 2017

Stayed here for one night in early April. Easy to find with a large sign along the road. The motel is set back off the highway enough that my room was very quiet. I had a room with a king bed. Not much floor space, but the room had a mini-fridge, a microwave and a very large flat screen TV. Desk staff said they had WI-FI but I did not try to access that. I would have preferred more work space on the desk, but it was mostly covered by the TV. The room had no closet, only an area with wall hooks and shelving. The bathroom was very clean and well-maintained, with ceramic tile on the floor and all the way up the walls. The automated wake-up call system worked nicely and I was on my way within minutes. Did not even have to stop at the office to leave my key. Staff said I could simply lock the key in my room.

Room Tip: King bed rooms are farthest from the road if you want quiet.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo