See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 27 September 2017

If I could give this a negative amount of stars I would. This is the first and last time we will stay at this motel. I booked the room for my husband and myself a couple of months prior to our stay. Everything in the area was booked due to the drag races at Maple Grove Raceway. I read the reviews of this motel, they were not bad for a simple motel...I looked for the important reviews on cleanliness, friendliness, and location. The motel was reviewed as clean, simple, and management was friendly. I figured for a one night stay, it would fit the bill. Booking was easy, they didn't have a regular queen size room so they gave us the "family room". It was $20 more than the regular queen size room at $99/night. Well...as we pulled into the driveway, immediately we noticed old, old dried up leaves from seasons prior...the property was not maintained. We pulled up to the office and began our check in experience. The little room was very plain and had a small desk and a few brochures. The lady behind the desk was very friendly, I will give you that. She gave us our key and told us where our room was. We then drove to our room and parked. I opened up the door and such a bad bad smell hit me in the face. It was a cross between old vanilla and mustiness. The room had windows that were open but it didn't help. I figured I would keep the door open for a bit and put the a/c on...bad choice there as the a/c was so dirty (it looked like it hadn't been cleaned in YEARS). I scanned the room and found the very old and empty vanilla air freshener, that was literally burning. I unplugged it right away and thank goodness by the time we came back from dinner, the smell had gone. But, prior to us leaving for dinner, we checked the room out. Dirty, dirty, dirty!!! There was a broken drawer (you wonder why they wouldn't attempt to fix it), there was an old table and chairs from the 70's (was in bad shape and dirty), carpet was dirty, the light switches and moldings were filthy. The a/c as I stated before was filthy, as was the heater right below it. Then there was the bathroom. The fixtures were relatively new but if you don't clean them, what's the sense? The toilet seat was filthy, there was a coating of dirt on the floor moldings and the walls had dead bugs on them. There was also no clock, no tissues and the refrigerator was dirty as well. There were no other rooms available. The beds had those horrible heavy spreads on them with the fuzzy blankets underneath. Needless to say, we slept on top of the bed, on top of our old clothes and jackets, covered the pillows with our shirts and I kept my shoes on!! It was a LONG night. We were on the end of the building and all night long there was this weird buzzing sound and banging sound...literally all night long. I could not wait for day light! I do not know if this room was just never used in a long time, but if you, as a business owner, know you are putting people in there for a stay...why wouldn't you fix it up, CLEAN it, and get it worthy of a stay or don't book it at all! I knew not to expect a lot, you get what you pay for but we have stayed at other motels and never had it this bad! And the "maid" was the same lady behind the desk and she placed all the "clean" towels on the chairs outside the room next to the toilet bowl brush! (I guess that's why my husband saw a 1/2 dead cricket on the towel he picked up). Oh and the "Ice" room is a scary place. It was so filthy and dirty, it looked like a crime had been committed there.

Date of stay: September 2017
2  Thank KellyK1944
Reviewed 12 September 2017

My wife and I come for the antique malls and our needs are simple. Penn Amish is family owned and operated, our room was very clean, comfortable with new bathroom, new TV, AC worked great. And quiet! Plenty of hot water, great water pressure.
We asked for extra pillows. No problem.
There's a Turkey Hill convenience store right across the road for good coffee and plenty of diners nearby for breakfast.
We'll stay here again and save ourselves some $$$ over the chain hotels nearby.

Date of stay: August 2017
Reviewed 21 July 2017

My husband and I have been staying here since 1987, so obviously, we like it. The rooms are on the small side, but they are always clean and are constantly being improved. If we ever need an extra pillow, blanket, towel or soap, it is brought with a smile. We stayed in the Family room recently and were surprised at how large it is. It was very comfortable and clean, as always. There is apparently a pump under the building, but it is turned off around 10:30 pm and turned back on again about 8:30 am, so it didn't bother us at all.
We think it's the best deal in the area, and will continue to stay here, we hope for many more years!

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 8 June 2017

We made reservations at the Penn Amish Motel after a sudden and unexpected change in plans. The manager was accommodating and helpful. The rooms were clean and the beds comfortable for an older style inn.

Date of stay: June 2017
Reviewed 7 May 2017

I'll start by saying that my husband and I like the old fashioned, drive up motels. If you don't like them, move on to a different place. We have a favorite old time motel in Amish country, Ronks, that we always stay at if we're in the local Lancaster area. This weekend we were further north, up by the Shupps Grove Flea Market and various antique stores. Penn Amish fit the bill. Reasonably priced, drive up to the room and clean. Was it perfect? No, but for the price it was great. The highlights of this motel are that it is quiet and it is clean. If I had to complain about something it would be the beds. They felt kind of cheap. Not uncomfortable, but not real comfy either. I almost felt a little off balance on it, maybe the box springs are old I don't know. Other than two very small bars of soap, a microwave and small refrigerator there are no amenities that I found. There is no coffee pot, no ironing board, no shampoo, no moisturizer, no hair dryer. Just a basic, clean room. The bathroom configuration is a bit weird. Door almost hits the toilet, but the bathroom was clean and the hot water plentiful. Again, if you're looking for more than the basics, move on. Would def stay here again. Clean and quiet. No frills.

Date of stay: May 2017