“Could Wednesday night be a bad night to go??”
Review of Moonlight Cafe

Moonlight Cafe
Ranked #1 of 20 Restaurants in Dover
Price range: US$7 - US$25
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Moonlight Cafe in Dover, Pennsylvania has been York County's hidden Italian treasure for almost a decade. The secret is out. Bring your bottle of wine and discover the area's finest traditional Italian cuisine, new favorite dishes, and the best espresso in town. Now accepting credit cards.
Reviewed 5 April 2018

Heard great review about this little restaurant and couldn't wait to go. Drove 45 minutes to get there and decided to try a "special" for my first meal. The following is why we are stunned that their reviews are so high:
-Ordered soup. Cream of crab, came the consistency of Bob Evans sausage gravy and had Zero seafood flavor.
-Ordered Arancini and it came with a cold center so they redid it really hot but the rice was so gummy that it stuck to our teeth!
-My wife ordered calamari with spaghetti in a garlic sauce the was extremely under seasoned and flavorless.
-My rigatoni and seafood in a vodka sauce was even worse and it was a "special"!
I do not know if the regular chef was in or off but there was not a single item that was seasoned properly or close to having enough flavor.
The staff was very attentive and the coffee is great.

Reviewed 22 March 2018

Great pasta dishes. Cozy restaurant. BYOB.
Moonlight cheesesteak is wonderful.
Be prepared to wait for a table on the weekend.

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

My wife and received a gift certificate for Moonlight for Christmas. I made a reservation( highly recommended) and we were seated promptly when we arrived. The service was great and the food amazingly great! For an appetizer we had the calamari. For the entrees we had lasagna and gnocchi with the red vodka sauce. For desert we had the Limoncello cake. The cake had a very nice lemon flavor. We thought we would have leftovers, but the pasta was made as lite pasta similarly how they make it in Italy. I know as I have been to Italy, overall the Italians allow the dough to rise longer which makes the dough to be lighter. It doesn’t fill you up and you don’t feel stuffed. Great Italian food! I highly recommend this restaurant tucked away in Dover, PA.

Reviewed 16 February 2018 via mobile

Good size portions and very good service. BYOB which is easy on the wallet. Delicious sauce to accompany dishes. We ordered the meatball lasagna and spaghetti bolognese-very fresh and tasty. Salad are fresh and balsamic dressing was delicious . My only down side is the hot bread basket -doesn't taste like fresh Italian bread -could use improvement.

Reviewed 16 February 2018

We have been been driving from Carlisle to Dover for several years to get the best Italian food around. The food is excellent, the staff are friendly and fun, and the atmosphere is generally inviting. If you have been driving by and thought of stopping in...stop thinking about it and do it. As often as I go I'd like to think we own the table we sit at...haha! By the way...the water in the bathroom is always warm even in the winter. One of my biggest gripes at most restaurants is that I cannot properly wash my hands before my meal. Not a problem here!

Been to Moonlight Cafe? Share your experiences!