“Always a good meal, and a great martini”

Stemie's 1818 Tavern
Ranked #26 of 288 Restaurants in Easton
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 18 February 2016

I've been here numerous times, for lunch, happy hour, dinner, and late drinks and snacks. It's a locals bar and restaurant. The sandwiches are great, on fresh rolls, and made fresh. New specials every day. I love the chicken cheesesteak and meatball Parmesan. There are homemade soups, and good salads. The appetizers are great, wings, nachos, flatbread pizza, and the best - the hot crab dip with sourdough bread. Delicious! There are a lot of draft beers, and the martinis are amazing. Their martini list has more than 40 choices. I've been for dinner, and there are good choices: steak, chicken dishes, pasta, fish. I recently had a salmon rubbed with spices, but it was very salty. On the whole, though, I've never had anything other than a great meal. The staff, called "Stemies Girls" are great, very friendly, attentive, and multi-tasters at this very busy bar. They dress up for holidays, and make the place fun. The bar is in an old stone building, and they have kept the pioneer ambiance, with a big fireplace, wooden tables, and exposed stone inside.
Whenever I've had a long day shopping, or have girlfriends to meet for drinks, or an out of town guest to entertain, we head to the 1818 and we're never disappointed.

Reviewed 9 February 2016

I enjoy ordering ahi tuna when I go out. It isn't something I make at home. When I find a restaurant offering it I will often try it. I tried the Ahi Tuna sandwich and found it to be very good and fresh. Fixed exactly as I had asked. My only suggestion would be for a bit more wasabi sauce to be supplied. Since I have tried a number of restaurants for this particular fish, I like it when I can say well done!

Reviewed 4 February 2016

Visited here three times. The first time with a group of ladies, and enjoyed it so much that I brought my daughter and her boy, and my husband and I visited after Christmas shopping. The restaurant is clean. Our waitresses every time were pleasant and the food arrived in a timely manner. The martini's are great!! My husband is very picky and although we stopped here for a quick bite to eat, we enjoyed our burgers. They were juicy and cooked to our liking. He and I shared a pear salad with the pear vinaigrette dressing. Did I say the martini's were great?!! I ordered the apple martini and he, a dirty martini. I honestly could only have one. They free pour and the drinks are very strong but delicious. Light croud during the day, but just about every seat was taken both at the bar and tables at night.

Reviewed 2 February 2016

Nothing special here. The burgers were so-so, the martinis are over-hyped. Not planning on stopping back in here with so many other choices nearby.

1  Thank John C
Reviewed 8 December 2015

I love crab meat but hate when the chef and his heavy hand of spices over take the taste of delicious crab meat. Our waitress recommended the crab cakes for me. Boy, they really are the best I have ever had in my life! I was doubtful that there was no filler...hey, there was no filler, it was fantastic! Just enough flavor from the seasoning to compliment the crab meat.

I've had the crab soup in the past and that is a thumbs up, too. With the soup , I would order an appetizer; between the two, I was full.

The room is 'tight', much like an authentic Irish pub. The atmosphere is joyful and our waitresses have been nothing but friendly and attentive. A fun place to go with friends and family.

Don't feel like an entree? No worries, the salads are quite large and the 1818 offers many choices of salads.

I'm looking forward to the next time I'm in the area to stop by for lunch or dinner, again.

Been to Stemie's 1818 Tavern? Share your experiences!