All reviewshot and cold foodlong john silversstaff was friendlyplenty of hot waterrefrigerator and microwavebreakfast foodone night staynice roomgreat place to staysignagehighwaytruckallentown
Reviewed 23 March 2016

Stopped here as a stop over on the way to Philly. It was close to restaurants in the area. Room was clean, and the staff was friendly. Rates were alright. The hotel was a little hard to find, as it was at the back of a plaza on a highway on ramp.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Chris S
Reviewed 11 March 2016

PROS & CONS… Quality Inn (Previously known as Comfort Inn), 2415 Nazareth Road, Easton PA 18045 (2016.0308 to 0309)

ENTRANCE APPEARANCE: PLAIN – Nothing Fancy Outside. The Parking lot is “Not Very Well Lit”. It’s a little brighter near the entrance, but not much. The hotel should really consider adding some lighting in the lot as there was someone hanging around outside near a wall at the parking lot edge when my husband and I arrived. Even a few appropriately directed motion lights might be helpful.

FRONT DESK CHECK-IN: SMOOTH & EFFICIENT – A “Very Polite” young man who was also very neat in appearance was at the front desk when we arrived. His name tag read “SHAWN”. Our overnight stay was a last minute decision so, to ensure we would have a place to stay, we reserved our room via TripAdvisor just before leaving home. We gave our reservation number to Shawn who checked us in very quickly. He asked if we had been there before to which we replied “Yes”. (I still have two (2) reviews to do for this hotel for previous stays.) The hotel must have very recently changed names to Quality Inn as it was only a short time ago we stayed here and it was a Comfort Inn at that time. Even though we were familiar with the hotel, Shawn ensured that we were aware of the free continental breakfast and 24 hour coffee availability. We requested extra towels and he politely told us that he would bring them to our room shortly. We were given our key cards and headed off to our room, #118.

POOL & HOT TUB: No Pool Facilities

OUR ROOM/SUITE: ACCEPTABLE – NEEDS SOME REPAIRS & Hot Water in the Shower - We stayed in room 118 on the first floor to the right of the elevator. The room windows faced the back of the hotel; there’s an ok view of the back lawn with some sort of dreary looking building/store in the distance. You’ll actually need to drive through a small strip mall parking lot to get to the hotel and this building is on the end of that strip mall. The room was an ok size. Upon opening the door, there was a sink/vanity on the left with a large lighted mirror. On the right was a restroom with shower/tub combo with a full length mirror to the right of the entrance door – “Nice, I liked that!” – Good lighting in that area too which was great for applying makeup! Further in, to the right in the corner was the Whirlpool Tub. To the left, was a small closet, TV, etc. The King size bed was adjacent to the whirlpool tub. I took some photos, so make sure you take a look! Cleanliness was just so, so. The floor corners could have been much cleaner and there was something sprayed or dribbled all over a wall corner near the whirlpool tub – maybe lotion or bubble bath? The carpet near the whirlpool it torn up and needs repair. The tray the ice bucket was sitting on was very dirty and looked as though it should have been cleaned some time ago – it was especially dirty in the corners! The whirlpool was clean inside, but there were quite a few badly damaged tiles around the tub as well as grout in need of repair. The water pressure for the whirlpool was good and the water was warm enough. TIP: You’ll need to press the button in the center front of the tub to start the whirlpool – the start/stop button is in disguise and actually looks like just a manufacturer’s name tag marked “Jason”; it’s flush with the top of the tub. The bed was clean and comfortable. One BIG PROBLEM THOUGH… When we went to get our morning showers, there was “NO HOT WATER IN THE SHOWER!” The sink and the whirlpool had hot water, but Not the Shower! My husband was Very Upset about this! He’s a shower person and loves his morning shower “Every Morning” (and then some ; )). He got dressed and went to the front desk to let them know we had no hot water in the shower. An older woman at the front desk told him she would let the manager know when he arrived. “She didn’t offer an apology, nor did she offer a solution.” Needless to say, my husband wasn’t too happy with her response to his problem. He came back to the room and ended up having to bathe in the whirlpool tub. Me, I had to wash my hair in the vanity sink! We quickly dressed, packed, and left for our appointment.

TRIPADVISOR RESERVATION: EXCELLENT – SMOOTH SAILING! This was the “First Time” I’ve used TripAdvisor to book a room and I was “Very Pleased” with how smoothly our reservation went. We booked online the last minute just before leaving home. Upon arrival our room was ready! Check in went smoothly!

FOOD / BREAKFAST: OK – My husband had the egg beaters type scrambled eggs with the extra thin bacon, there was a choice of three cereals (I didn’t care for the choices; I’m a Special K person, so I guess I’ll bring my own next time!), Juice choices – I had Orange and it was Good, Coffee/Tea, etc. Overall, breakfast was ok for what it was.

DINNER OUT: Since we had never been there before, we decided to go out for dinner to Carrabbas. (There are no Carrabbas near where we live.) Carrabbas is close to the hotel, just up the road a bit. Unfortunately, we weren’t very pleased with our meals; almost everything tasted like “Badly Burned Fire Wood”. My husband did like the small plate/appetizers though! I’ll be doing a review for the restaurant later, so you can read more about this restaurant under Carrabbas here on TripAdvisor. I can say though, I thought the service was great. A Lovely Young Lady named “CIARA” waited on us. Ciara was “Very Knowledgeable” and an “Absolute Pleasure” to have as a server! Total cost of our dinner with was $88.77 (tip included) for the two of us. Our hotel card key advertised “Papa Johns” for room delivery. I wish we would have ordered in – I love their moist and juicy Chicken Tenders! But then again, we wouldn’t have gotten to meet Ciara.

PETS: Not Pet Friendly – If I recall correctly, I read somewhere that there’s a pretty steep fee for smuggling your pet into a guest room.

COST: REASONABLE (If the Shower has Hot Water) - The total for a one night stay in this suite was billed to our card one day after checkout for $110.00. Breakdown: Room Charge = $100.00 + State Tax = $6.00 + City/County Tax = $4.00 = $110.00.

ROOM NUMBER / TYPE / AMENITIES: Room # 118; One KING Size Bed w Whirlpool Tub; also included Shower/Tub Combo, Flat Screen TV, Refrigerator, Microwave, Hair Dryer, Iron & Ironing Board, 24 Hour Coffee Available, & Free Continental Breakfast.

CHECK OUT: GOOD - Simple and easy… No need to stop at the desk, just straight out the door! An express checkout receipt was slipped under our room door sometime during the night/early morning and ready for us so we would have it first thing in the a.m.

SUGGESTIONS: When a guest has “NO HOT WATER” at all in their shower when preparing to depart the morning after their stay – That constitutes “A PROBLEM”. At the very least the front desk clerk should, apologize for the inconvenience AND offer the use of a shower in a nearby vacant room. Offering no apology and stating that she will inform the manager of the issue “when he arrives later” is not the resolution an already upset guest wants to hear!

Room Tip: Overall, Room 118 was a good deal for the price. But, it is located on the first floor with windows facing the rear of the hotel and is does get quite noisy in the morning. The housekeeping staff’s carts make quite a bit of noise rolling down the hallway due to the hallway floor being a brick type material. In addition, this room is very near the public breakfast area which gets busier and noisier in the early morning. On the positive side, you can step out the door and practically directly into the breakfast area to pick up a quick breakfast or coffee.

Room Tip: Room 118 - Close to the breakfast area but noisy in a.m. - housekeeping carts & morning breakfast crowd.
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Belle_Amie2012
Reviewed 9 February 2016

The Room I stayed it had a jacuzzi, very nice and spacious, room itself could have been a little cleaner, the staff at the front desk nice, the continental breakfast was nice but nothing to rave about.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 January 2016

We arrived after a long day of travel only to find, according to the employee at the counter, they the reservation i made 5 weeks in advance had been cancelled by a manager. No addition information was in the system. We never received a call about any problems. Thankfully they still had a few rooms, but not the room we wanted, and once a pulled up my confirmation on the phone, she gave us a reduced rate.
It was a long day, so we had dinner and turned in early.
The next morning I went to grab us coffee. While making coffee a woman with a very large dog came in from a dog walk into the breakfast area. She seemed to be checking out the food. Then the dog started licking things spilled off the counter. I took my coffee and left and decided we would go out and pay for a breakfast that should have been included with the stay.
I have nothing against dogs or hotels that allow them, but they have no place in the eating area. She walked right past the desk and no signs are posted about no pets in dinning area. That needs to be fixed.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank kebarrett
Reviewed 10 January 2016 via mobile

Spent 1 night with my husband and 6 yr old twins. Great price can't be beat. Nice room, friendly staff, nice hot breakfast. However, very u tough location to find i.e. you drive through large parking lot of shopping plaza. Hotel needs much better signage on main road and more lighting in hotel parking lot.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family