“you get a lot of food here”

The Breakfast Place
Ranked #54 of 435 Restaurants in Erie
Cuisines: Diner
Reviewed 25 July 2017

we decided to try out this place for breakfast one morning and found it very cozy and did we get a lot of food for the price (well Yes we Did). Saturday morning and we got right in and got served quickly and the food was great. more than most places and about the same prices as others

1  Thank 977terryl

Reviewed 19 July 2017 via mobile

I love to try local restaurants and I thought one called the Breakfast Place would be a good choice. Unfortunately, what I had was similar to the breakfast I could have gotten for free at my hotel. The sausage gravy and biscuits were fine, but the gravy wasn't homemade, it was from a can. The breakfast potatoes were frozen from Sysco. Maybe if I had tried something else, it would have been better, but the Breakfast Place was just mediocre.

Reviewed 21 June 2017

So breakfast places in Erie are far and few between. Even after searching Tripadvisor. Our plan was to go to Lawrence Park Dinor, but it was Monday and they were sadly closed!!!! I don't enjoy going to chain restaurants when I visit new towns, even if they are in the top 10 on TripAdvisor's list. Actually I don't think chain restaurants should be allowed on TripAdvisor, or they should have their own category ("Chain restaurants"). Anyway, somehow my son (16yo) was doing the searching and found this place. I quickly reviewed it and thought it was in the top 15 (Not sure what I was looking at). I decided to give it a whirl. This was what looked to be an old car dealership with a large ramp on the right side of the building to enter (which is not in the photos pictured for this diner). When we entered you enter directly into the dining area. There was a gentleman standing behind the bar/cashier area to the right, who never even acknowledged us, however looked at us several times. There was a full house, but we were the only ones waiting to be seated, on a Monday. None of the waitresses acknowledged us either, however, someone was cleaning off a table, which we were eventually instructed to sit at. I was annoyed from the start as we weren't greeted and just standing there waiting to figure out what to do. The menu was small, CHEAP and didn't offer a lot of variety. My go to breakfast is 2 eggs, turkey sausage, avocado and tomato slices. No toast, no home fries. They didn't have avocado and when I asked for tomato slices she obliged but rather brought me out a dish of chopped tomatoes. The biggest complaint I have was the wait for our food. For four people it took over an hour to receive our meal. I'm not sure if this is the norm for them, but considering the wait, the food was NOTHING to rave about. I would definitely skip this place and drive 20 minutes to Lawrence Park Dinor or go for Cracker Barrel. Not to be confused with the Original Breakfast Place, they used to be a pair, but are no longer, one can't be better than the other, they both rank #50 and #51 on TripAdvisor.

1  Thank bboughter830
Reviewed 30 April 2017

What a great place for breakfast the menu is extensive the omelettes are great as well as the waffles . There is a wait on Saturday mornings but worth it.

Reviewed 28 April 2017

The service is friendly and they offer specials each day. The main problem I had with the food is VERY greasy! I really don't complain much and I am very accommodating but the grease was dripping off my hash browns. I even put them on a napkin to soak some of it up. The eggs were good and the toast was very thick, like Texas toast. I'd go back again when I'm in the area but I will try the pancakes next time.

Been to The Breakfast Place? Share your experiences!