“Excellent Food! ”

The Breakfast Place
Ranked #55 of 437 Restaurants in Erie
Cuisines: Diner
Reviewed 23 August 2017 via mobile

Biscuits and gravy were delish! All four of our meals were prepared well. All eggs were right. The country fried steak was very good. Their deep fried home fries are outstanding. We were in Erie for 3 days and ate BF here twice. I would be a regular if I lived there. Parking can be tight, as it's very busy. Expect a line on the weekends. Service from both of our servers was great. A special shoutout to Amber!! Thanks!!

1  Thank john-e-boo

Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

Hey it had all the things I look for. Great reviews and when I pulled up to the place the parking lot was full and there was a line out the door. I waited 20 minutes to get in. The service and the food was great. Try the fritattia.

1  Thank Ken T
Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

Found 2 restaurants in town with very similar names and after further reading I understand that the 2 used to be 1 but after a rift between owners they split. So an almost identical menu would make sense. For a truly head to head competition, we got the same breakfast from both places just one day apart. Day 1 was The Breakfast Place at 4108 Peach St. The place was moderately crowded when we arrived about 9 am but had a line at the door by the time we left. I ordered Cajun eggs. 2 eggs over homefries, ham, onion, mushroom and American cheese sprinkled with a Cajun seasoning blend. I also ordered the toast and coffee. My husband got 1/2 order biscuit and sausage gravy scrambled egg and hashbrowns. My breakfast was good, the Cajun spice was nice but aside from the homefries and eggs the other stuff was relatively cool. Definitely not hot. Also the homefries were deep fried, I'm not a real fan of that. There was a ton of it though, I left quite a bit and a whole piece of toast. My husbands biscuit and gravy he said was fair, not very flavorful. Total for the meal was $15 and change.
The second morning we went to The Original Breakfast Place at 2340 E 38th St. We got there at about 830, place as crowded but a few tables were opened we were immediately sat and drink order taken. When we realized they had the same menu, we decided on a repeat breakfast. This time the Cajun eggs were very good. It was hot all the way through and the the potatoes were not deep fried. Although not quite as large of a portion, I enjoyed it more and did finish my breakfast. I will admit I didn't care for their rye toast but in hindsight they offered Italian toast and I should have ordered that. My husbands biscuit and gravy much better than it's counterpart the day before. Total for breakfast #2 $12 and change. Breakfast #2 was the clear winner.
That being said, both places were good. I wouldn't hesitate to visit either again.

Reviewed 25 July 2017

we decided to try out this place for breakfast one morning and found it very cozy and did we get a lot of food for the price (well Yes we Did). Saturday morning and we got right in and got served quickly and the food was great. more than most places and about the same prices as others

1  Thank 977terryl
Reviewed 19 July 2017 via mobile

I love to try local restaurants and I thought one called the Breakfast Place would be a good choice. Unfortunately, what I had was similar to the breakfast I could have gotten for free at my hotel. The sausage gravy and biscuits were fine, but the gravy wasn't homemade, it was from a can. The breakfast potatoes were frozen from Sysco. Maybe if I had tried something else, it would have been better, but the Breakfast Place was just mediocre.

Been to The Breakfast Place? Share your experiences!