“Very nice dinner ”
Review of Ship Inn

Ship Inn
Reserve with OpenTable
Ship Inn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #34 of 126 Restaurants in Exton
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Ship Rd and Rt 30
Description: Ship Inn Seafood and Steak - Oldest Historical and the Crown Jewel of Chester County. Serving fresh seafood and steak daily.
Reviewed 27 October 2015 via mobile

Had not been here for a few years and now wondering why. Wife and I had a delightful dinner. Excellent crab cakes - very plump with plenty of meaty and nicely seasoned crab. Very good Steak Diane although a bit more than a slice or two of mushrooms would have been appreciated. Service was welcoming, nicely professional, appropriately friendly and attentive. All in all, most satisfying.

Reviewed 29 September 2015

Like many of the inns in Chester County, the Ship Inn is located in an interesting historic setting with many interesting rooms from casual to formal. The bar is low key and relaxing. Live music on Fridat nights. The bar food is rasonable and varied too. Happy Hour daily from 4:00-6:30. There are several dining areas from booths to more formal settings. Their aged steaks are great, especially the NY Strip. Everything else is ok, side dishes, seafood etc.

Reviewed 11 May 2015

Met family here for a Mothers' Day lunch, as a place between Philadelphia and York, PA. Waited in the foyer for over 15 minutes until the hostess asked if we had reservations (which we did). There were stacks of dirty dishes in the waiting area and everyone rushing. The building is beautiful and very historic. We ordered Prosecco and received a bottle of Great Western Champagne. When we asked, the waitress said that is what they had. Service was very slow and sporadic. Food was good although not exemplary. For the price, I would have expected a bit more elegant.

1  Thank PJBSCH
Reviewed 13 April 2015

This is an upscale restaurant located in an old house catering to a 50 plus crowd. The food and service are good, but a little pricey. My entree of veal oscar was $35.00 which included two vegetables. Soup and desert were $6.50 each. My glass of house wine was $7.50. This place just misses the mark for an excellent rating. I've had better food for less and the decor just isn't my cup of tea.

Reviewed 22 March 2015 via mobile

We hadn't visited Ship Inn in years but just enjoyed a family celebration dinner. The bread was piping hot - straight from the oven. We shared the flatbread as an appetizer - very good. We also had salads - the Caesar was good, the Roquefort with poached pears was really good, and the strawberry salad with peach dressing was excellent. My husband enjoyed the mushroom soup. My Steak Diane was really good and my husband's sirloin was excellent and cooked perfectly. The kids enjoyed the wrap and burger. Even the vegetable side was noteworthy. We finished with the mousse, the toffee pudding, and the banana ice cream, all good choices.

Been to Ship Inn? Share your experiences!