Fairfield Inn by Marriott Philadelphia West Chester/exton
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Exton
Reviewed 30 October 2016

Every staff person whom my husband and I encountered had a smile on their face which makes the atmosphere more inviting. I loved the newly remodeled rooms. The beds are extra comfortable with plenty of pillows. The only way I knew construction was ongoing was via staff who informed me the hours of construction, The coffee was delicious and the breakfast selection was a wide variety and it was really good. The breakfast area is kind of small, but they did have carryout trays where you could take your food back to your room to enjoy. I will be back again! Thanks staff for making me feel comfortable.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Alexandra S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn by Marriott Philadelphia West Chester/exton, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2016

Dear guest!
Thank you for your positive feedback. We are striving to provide excellent service to all our guests. It is very motivating to see that our efforts are recognized. I will be sure to share your review with the rest of my team.
Thank you for choosing our hotel.

Reviewed 30 October 2016

We stayed for two nights in late October while visiting family in the area. Our stay was satisfactory. Since there was major construction in progress on the ground floor, the breakfast area was limited to a small portion of the lobby. Despite that, it was manageable and we found a table each morning. Luckily staff members did their best to make our stay enjoyable.

As far as the bedrooms, they were quiet, comfortable, and clean. The small refrigerator in the room had no freezer section. The sliding bathroom door, or pocket door, allowed for more space in the room but it does have a fairly large gap from the side.

Staff in this Inn made our stay better. Thank you!

Room Tip: Avoid the highway side.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear guest,
Thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent stay. We greatly appreciate your kind words regarding our team. We strive to make our guests as comfortable as possible in spite of necessary update we are currently working on.
After the project is complete I am confident that your stay with us will be even more enjoyable.

Reviewed 17 October 2016 via mobile

Stayed here recently. Nice remodeling in rooms. Clean, updated look. Spacious shower -- although the shower head produced a rather weak shower flow. Updated bathroom doors slide and don't be fooled by the lock. I was! There is a round white button to push in order for the door to reopen.

We were upgraded on arrival & cost was cheaper. Pleasant surprise, but we were put into a room we had trouble locating. It was to the left after stepping off the elevator. Note the main hall is to the right. We joked we were in an alternate hotel universe. Room was a funny set up, but very clean. Always pleasant. Plus, since the bed was about 10 inches from the bathroom, I merely stepped out of bed and I was there!!! No stumbling around in a darkened room.

Room very narrow and long. Could have 7sed a larger t.v. to see it better from bed.

All in all a pleasant, quiet hotel...even with the ongoing construction!

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Alexandra S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn by Marriott Philadelphia West Chester/exton, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2016

Dear guest,
Thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent stay. We greatly appreciate your positive words and constructive feedback regarding the rooms. We are actively working on improving our guests' experience and your survey is a great source of information for us.
We are looking forward to hosting you again sometimes soon.

Reviewed 16 October 2016

Positives:
Easy to get to location.
Near plenty of shopping/food options (Target, Starbucks, Red Robin, Etc).
Cheap rates.
Free breakfast.
Very friendly staff.

Negatives:
The place is under construction.
(I was on the second floor. I returned mid-day to grab a shower and there was somebody drilling through the ceiling under by restroom. The noise was beyond loud)
Dirty.
(I know that this place is under construction. I made my reservations knowing this information. My room was literally covered in a thick layer of dust - probably from the ongoing construction. Being under construction means that you must do an extra good job cleaning the areas that are not under construction. This place is not doing that.)
Shower is weird.
(I am 5'11" and I needed to squat to fit under the shower head. Clostrophobic to say the least.)
Overpriced.
(I know that price is dictated by demand. I also realize that this hotel is one of the cheapest in the area. Regardless, these rooms are overpriced. They probably won't lower the prices much further, so pay a few extra dollars and stay elsewhere.)

Summary: I was traveling on business, so I did not have my wife or kids with me. I made reservations knowing that the hotel had some sub-par reviews and that it was under construction. I also typically try to write positive reviews. This place was probably one of the worst hotels that I have stayed at within the past 5 years. I would not stay again. Not sure that the construction will help fix the flaws. In this area the best deal going is Home2 further down the road in Downingtown.

Fitness: I always strive to maintain my workout schedule while on the road. The hotel gym is worthless (and has already been remodeled), so make plans to head out to a local gym. The LA in Downingtown is in rather rough condition, as is the PF in Downingtown. I ventures 10 minutes up the road and visited PF in Phoenixville and was pleasantly surprised. It is one of the nicer PF's that I have visited. It still falls within the PF family, so don't expect a massive weight selection. I was there at 5am 2-days in a row and the place had a variety of ages/genders working out. The crowd was calm and friendly. I give this PF my signature of approval.

Room Tip: The first floor is under construction. Stay clear of the second floor to avoid noise from the first...
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
Alexandra S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn by Marriott Philadelphia West Chester/exton, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2016

Dear guest, Thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent stay.
We greatly appreciate your honest feedback regarding your experience with us. Please accept my apologies for not meeting your expectations.
I would appreciate you reaching out to me directly to share the details regarding cleanliness of your room. We do focus on the deep cleaning the rooms especially after they are turned back in service. I will need to look individually into the board for the date you have checked in to identify all responsible parties.
I am surprised to hear that you were not satisfied with our fitness center. We are following the designs and guidelines approved by Marriott for every step of our renovations. In our brand new fitness center we have three cardio machines: two treadmills and one elliptical trainer. We are also offering decent weight selections for free weight training. Our new fitness center has been expanded and is very spacious comparing to what it used to be.
I am looking to hearing from you directly alexandra.spaulding@marriott.com

Reviewed 2 October 2016 via mobile

We stayed here for one night with our 4 and 6 year olds. The Breakfast was one of the poorest I have seen with 5 tables available and no room to maneuver. The bathroom door in the rooms are sliding which is heavy to slide open and leaves a gap for curious ones to look in at whomever is in there leaving no privacy. The pool is small enough for 6 people to relax. It is currently under renovation which really had no effect on my opinion.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
Alexandra S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn by Marriott Philadelphia West Chester/exton, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2016

Dear guest,
Thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent stay. We greatly appreciate your feedback regarding our newly renovated rooms.
I will have my maintenance staff to brainstorm the solution for the new barn doors we have in our bathrooms. It looks like it is a flaw in the design of the door and we will have to come up with the solution.
I hope you will check out our hotel after renovations project is complete.