“Comfortable Rooms, Friendly Staff”

Fairfield Inn by Marriott Philadelphia West Chester/exton
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Exton
Reviewed 6 March 2017

I visited the hotel with a friend for a weekend trip. The hotel is easy to find and is just off the PA Turnpike. Check in was quick and the staff member was friendly and helpful. The room was spacious and had a fridge and desk. There were also plenty of outlets near the bed, which is always appreciate for charging phones. The hotel is under renovation, but this was barely noticeable when we were there. There are plenty of restaurants and shopping nearby and Philadelphia is about 40 minutes away.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the 3rd floor
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
Alexandra S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn by Marriott Philadelphia West Chester/exton, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2017

Dear guest, thank you very much for your positive review. We greatly appreciate it.
I will be sure to share your feedback with my team.
I hope you will visit us again soon.

Best regards,
Alexandra

Reviewed 20 February 2017

We stayed here 18 months ago and the property was in the process of being renovated. We returned again last week for a family visit and the renovations are [surprisingly] still ongoing but almost complete. They were working on the lobby. It appears that all of the rooms have now been totally renovated, including most (maybe all) furniture replaced. The bed was excellent and the room was "like new". The room was almost spotless (there was one minor issue but it was in a spot the housekeeper could easily have missed.)

The bathroom we stayed in (401) had only a shower (no tub) and the door to the bath was a sliding door. Not a problem, just different.

The only negative is the "closet". It is open (no door), which is okay, but there was only a "bracket" (hanger bracket) sticking out from the wall on which to hang clothes. There is plenty of room for a full clothes bar. The "bracket" is way too small and made getting to clothes in back awkward. That was, in my opinion, a dumb idea and should be changed.

Overall, this property is now first class and well located just off I-81 and close to Exton, West Chester, Etc. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: I always ask for a room to TOP floor to avoid noise from above.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Alexandra S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn by Marriott Philadelphia West Chester/exton, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2017

Dear guest,
Thank you for your continued loyalty to our hotel and Marriott brand.
We appreciate you noticing all the hard work we have done. All furniture was replaced in all the rooms including bed mattresses and brand new pillows.
I will make sure to share your survey with my team. It is highly motivating for them to see that the efforts are acknowledged.
If you could share with me specifics on the Housekeeping issue, I would greatly appreciate it. It would allow me to address it accordingly.
alexandra.spaulding@marriott.com
Thank you again for your feedback. Looking forward to hosting you again.

Reviewed 6 November 2016 via mobile

We arrived around 730pm to a lobby that was in the midst of renovation. We ate out nearby and there were plenty of options. We really just needed the room for a quick stopover and needed to leave early the next morning. I was worried about the temporary breakfast area being too crowded but it worked out fine the next morning. I thought the evening, front desk agent, was quite good. I assume the place will be a little more open and inviting after the renovation is complete. The room was fine but I'm not a big fan of sliding doors on the bathroom, which don't completely close off the room.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Bill R
Alexandra S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn by Marriott Philadelphia West Chester/exton, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2016

Dear guest, thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent stay.
We are looking forward to our project to be completed so our lobby as welcoming and meets the expectations as well as our rooms.
Best regards,

Reviewed 30 October 2016

Every staff person whom my husband and I encountered had a smile on their face which makes the atmosphere more inviting. I loved the newly remodeled rooms. The beds are extra comfortable with plenty of pillows. The only way I knew construction was ongoing was via staff who informed me the hours of construction, The coffee was delicious and the breakfast selection was a wide variety and it was really good. The breakfast area is kind of small, but they did have carryout trays where you could take your food back to your room to enjoy. I will be back again! Thanks staff for making me feel comfortable.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Alexandra S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn by Marriott Philadelphia West Chester/exton, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2016

Dear guest!
Thank you for your positive feedback. We are striving to provide excellent service to all our guests. It is very motivating to see that our efforts are recognized. I will be sure to share your review with the rest of my team.
Thank you for choosing our hotel.

Reviewed 30 October 2016

We stayed for two nights in late October while visiting family in the area. Our stay was satisfactory. Since there was major construction in progress on the ground floor, the breakfast area was limited to a small portion of the lobby. Despite that, it was manageable and we found a table each morning. Luckily staff members did their best to make our stay enjoyable.

As far as the bedrooms, they were quiet, comfortable, and clean. The small refrigerator in the room had no freezer section. The sliding bathroom door, or pocket door, allowed for more space in the room but it does have a fairly large gap from the side.

Staff in this Inn made our stay better. Thank you!

Room Tip: Avoid the highway side.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear guest,
Thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent stay. We greatly appreciate your kind words regarding our team. We strive to make our guests as comfortable as possible in spite of necessary update we are currently working on.
After the project is complete I am confident that your stay with us will be even more enjoyable.