“great loved it?”

The Famous Dutch Kitchen
Ranked #1 of 21 Restaurants in Frackville
Cuisines: American, Dutch
Reviewed 24 December 2016

was agood breakfast travling through pa enjoyed the ham home fries and eggs cloise to I-81 beats dennys and perkins by far

1  Thank jmsalu

Reviewed 1 December 2016

Trying to stay away from "chain" restaurants (although some are really very good) and this place popped up in our search. Not too far off the highway, we found it easily and there was plenty of parking space. Busy area, lots of traffic. We got seated right away and realized just how large an establishment it is once we looked around. We had a couple of waitresses helping each other and we got our breakfast orders in quickly and sat for a few minutes listening to the locals chat. I was happy I asked how large the pancakes were and ordered only two pumpkin pancakes which were very tasty. Some got corned beef hash and my friend tried scrapple, a Pennsylvania staple. I had never had it and had no idea what is made of so she offered me a taste. I thought it was ok but glad I didn't order one for myself. The portions were plentiful and the food was home cooking. The prices average and the service good.

Reviewed 28 November 2016

Friendly service, a cozy booth, delicious comfort food: this place had everything my husband and I were looking for. We look forward to stopping by again.

Reviewed 17 November 2016

Every couple of months, a few old retirees get together here to talk about what's new, and remember the good old days. The food is excellent(including the desserts). We've never been disappointed yet.Their turkey, meatloaf, and chicken pot pie dinners are filling, flavorful, and reasonably priced. The wait-staff is very attentive, and doesn't mind if we overstay our visit to talk. The restaurant is very convenient to I-81-easy off/easy on. Although we never have eaten in the actual diner portion of the restaurant, it looks comfortable, and brings back that '50's feel. A good place to stop.

1  Thank Sparrowsing
Reviewed 15 November 2016 via mobile

we stopped here for dinner when we were traveling on business a few weeks ago. It looks like a very old style diner on the inside but the food was amazing and we had a variety of items from fish two sausage two beef. I had the potato pancakes as a starter and they were a great size and very well cooked.

we also had pieces of pie for dessert and everything we had was amazing.

It was pretty interesting that two of us ate for about $33 including appetizer, main, and dessert.

definitely worth a stop if you're in the area

1  Thank Rob M