“Good Eats”

The Famous Dutch Kitchen
Ranked #1 of 21 Restaurants in Frackville
Cuisines: American, Dutch
Reviewed 19 April 2017 via mobile

Stopped here for lunch on a long drive. Glad I did! Good food and lots of down home diner charm. This is a must if you are hungry and in the area.

Reviewed 9 April 2017

We would rather eat at Mom and Pop Diners. I had asked the gentleman at the Hotel were was a good place to eat. We truly were not that hungry but wanted a small lunch/dinner. Well forget that! My son took about 10 minutes to decide, SO MUCH to choose from. He ended up with the Haddock and I had the Meatloaf. 2 sides each, thick homemade white bread and full bellies! As we were chatting he spied Corn Bread. The waitress was so nice, she said it was homemade and did not push but, he was way to game. She seemed to pick out the Biggest Piece for him. I got a bite, Very Good. If you walk away hungry, you must have a hollow leg! The dishes are very pretty, ones I remember from my years past. To eat in an old rail car, which I have done before, is Nostalgic. So much to look at, baked goods are in coolers for you to see and want, extra seating in a bigger section, light music, quiet chatter yet a "Hello" to everyone. The wait staff are personable and friendly, smiles and jokes all around. This is a clean Diner. I would definitely return! Next time I'm going for the Chicken and Waffles, unless my son gets them, he may have to share! Maybe a piece of Pie to go! Don't forget to mention your Hotel, you receive a discount. Our bill for 2 was under $23.oo.

Reviewed 27 March 2017

We admit we're biased -- we do NOT enjoy chain restaurants offering standard formula food. Blah. We much prefer individual or 'Mom & Pop' operations. Dutch Kitchen has a very large menu, including unique items like blinis and pierogis. Service was helpful, cheerful, and attentive (but we were a bit late for dinner, so only one waiter and one other table). Food was not exceptional, but was indeed good. We also had breakfast the next morning which was similarly imaginative and good. So, if in or near Frackville at mealtime, we suggest eating here instead of the same old stuff you can get anywhere.

Reviewed 21 February 2017 via mobile

Good prices, nice waitress and neat extras- For my granddaughter a beautiful knit sweater and some Yuengling wing sauce for my son.

Reviewed 4 January 2017 via mobile

Dutch Kitchen is close by several motels . I stayed at the Holiday inn and got a discount on my meals. The food was like good home cooking. The servers were very pleasant and friendly. A good variety on the menu with nightly specials.