“Great homestyle food and good prices!”

White Horse Luncheonette
Ranked #1 of 20 Restaurants in Gap
Reviewed 2 July 2017

On my second stop, I tried a meatloaf special that came with 2 sides and a cup of soup for about $8-$9. I picked this special so that I could try the Maryland crab soup which came out with a cup of potatoes and a good 1/4 cup of crab all stuffed into the little cup, more guts than soup really. It was very good. I picked Cole slaw and mashed as my sides. Well, I got a huge side dish of Cole slaw plus a platter with 2 slabs of meatloaf about an inch thick and mashed on the side. Had I know what the portions would have been, I would have gotten 2 sides of mashed, 1 slab of meatloaf with 1 side of mashed, and taken the other slab and mashed home. I recently returned again to get my patty melt that I wanted to order on stop 2 but got sidetracked. It came out on grilled dark and light swirled rye bread, a generous patty topped with Swiss cheese and fried onions. It was hot off the grill as all food here is served. You can hear the "ding" in the kitchen and then your server arrives with the food nice and hot. Service is always friendly. And to think how many times I drove by this place and never stopped! Not any more!

3  Thank Pat H

Reviewed 30 June 2017

Eat in or take out, this is old fashioned home cooking. What the eatery lacks in ambiance, it makes up for in flavor. The locals eat here...it has to be good

1  Thank NJSueZ
Reviewed 24 May 2017 via mobile

Excellent, within the category of out of the way little gems. I live nearby but never visited until Trip Advisor recommended it. I had the most excellent creamed beef over four tender biskets and freshly made home fries, with bottomless coffee, for about $11. The 300 lb ex-Navy man at the counter next to me thought I couldnt finish it. He had a very large omelette, toast and home fries and did not leave hungry. It is not Pa Dutch but the memu is filled with great deli sandwiches. The ex-Navy man said the cheese steaks are the best in the area.

Reviewed 25 April 2017

We had breakfast and lunch here and all four of us were very satisfied. I'd recommend the creamed chipped beef for breakfast and the steak and cheese sandwich for lunch. Wish we'd come back for dinner instead of going to the Gap Diner!

Reviewed 4 April 2017

I stopped here specifically to try the homemade chipped beef. There are handwritten specials to the side of the door so you can miss them as I did upon entering the restaurant. I was greeted with a big smile, quickly served coffee, and had my order taken after asking some questions. My second cup arrived just as I finished my coffee. No coffee is the worst thing that can happen at breakfast. My other pet peeve is being called sweetie, hon, dear. etc which did not happen so my tip went up for the meal. My server was always there with coffee, bill, took my money, was upbeat so I wanted to give her a good tip to encourage good service. I will come back to try some of the hot items for a quick lunch or dinner.

1  Thank Pat H