“Best chicken cheesesteak!”

White Horse Luncheonette
Ranked #1 of 21 Restaurants in Gap
Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

Cute 50's decor with soda fountain counter and stools. Huge selection of hot and cold sandwiches, daily homemade soups, desserts. Even Meadow tea-- a local favorite in the Plain community. Welcoming, warmly friendly staff. Locals love this place! Try that chicken cheesesteak-- you won't be disappointed!

Reviewed 10 June 2018

This small place on Rt 340 not far from Intercourse, serves good food straight from the kitchen, fast, hot. Always check the specials handwritten on the board to the side of the entry door, (easy to miss if you don't know that it's there.) I went with eggs benedict for $4.95! There were no home fries so that was a nice change. The eggs benny had a good lemony tang to the sauce. It was very good. Amish and locals eat here so buggies do tie up to the 1 side. There are tables, booths, and a few stools. It's obvious that you are not a "regular" so you do feel a bit slighted, overlooked at some point depending upon your server. This trip was a... look everywhere but to my table. Last trip, a very friendly young person received 50% of my bill and told her that she did a good job-reward well deserved. I hope it made her day and covered when people stiff her. I don't hold it against the diner. It's what's to be expected when venturing out and away from fast food or chain places. Do stop and try their great cooking. The day that I was there, the parking lot was full so I made another quick stop and came back about a half hour later.

Reviewed 6 June 2018

We enjoyed our early dinner with another couple as locals started arriving. We were staying at the Stoltzfus Inn up the road. Their homemade ice tea, I think it was called "meadow tea", is a must try.

Reviewed 4 June 2018

Located on the intersection of Routes 340 and 897, small and simple eatery offering great dutch cooking at good prices. Service was fast and friendly. Credit cards accepted; parking is in lot.

Reviewed 14 May 2018

We all really enjoyed the food, it was very good and the service
excellent! :)
My friend and I loved the fresh brewed Meadows Tea, it was very refreshing!
We were thankful for the hours of operation, being open later than many other places nearby!