“Very accommodating”

Ranked #3 of 3 Dessert in Hamburg
Cuisines: American
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Description: Casual fine dining partially in a historic setting. Stone home dating back to the 1700's along with an original stone fort on the premise. Enjoy our scenic patio dining along with an outside bar. Inside you will find a rustic dining room and two bars with the capacity to accommodate large groups.
Reviewed 3 September 2017

We typically have a group dinner here and they always are far more accommodating than other restaurants we have tried in the area. We always do have reservations but inevitably we have people no show or show up without reservations and they always quietly just accommodate. Also, they don't grumble about separate checks. This last visit we had 19 people (3 without reservations) and I believe I believe all but two were happy with their meals. Pretty amazing statistics, I think!

TheIndianFort, Owner at The Indian Fort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2017

Thank you for your review and for making a reservation :). We do our best to accommodate and make everyone's experience a pleasurable one. We appreciate the feedback and look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed 16 August 2017

Ate at this restaurant for the first time, was first impressed by the ambiance however that changed once it took an hour to receive our drinks and the food was less than sub-par. Their famous mashed potatoes was nothing than a combination of canned potatoes and real potatoes, on top of it they were luke warm. Owner was rude and not easy to talk to. Will never go back.

TheIndianFort, Owner at The Indian Fort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2017

If you came in this past Saturday, I do apologize for the service as we were indeed backed up. We were hosting a private party on the patio and the dining room suffered because we had numerous walk ins enter at the same time in addition to several reservations. I can guarantee though, that we do not have any cans of potatoes in our establishment as our mashed potatoes are house made. Yes, we hand peel them. I am curious as to what table you were at, as I am the owner, and I had spent the majority of the evening making drinks. Here at The Fort, our goal is to make everyone's experience a pleasurable one as well as correcting any mistakes on our part. Feel free to contact me at the restaurant as I don't recall these issues being brought to my attention at the time of service.

Reviewed 7 August 2017

A group of us Ate there for the first time. It has been decided we will never eat there again. The Service was Slow, Asked for Ranch dressing got blue Cheese. My husband got Steamed clams. He ended up chewing them for most of the night. How can you mess up Steam clams. 2 of our group were not feeling well for the rest of the night.

We apologize if you didn't have a good experience at our establishment. Our steamed clams are one of our most ordered items and we would have gladly addressed any issues you may have had with them. Most places serve the small ones, but we find that the majority of our customers prefer the ones we serve.

Reviewed 20 July 2017

Good service and most of the food was very good. We thought the beer could be colder, but my drink was great. Have a wine float for dessert. Very yummy. Made with Lamrusco and raspberry pecan ice cream. The chicken lakeside was delicious.

Those tables and birds have become very popular at The Fort. It's nice to hear that you got to share that experience. It's very pretty in the winter too and can be seen from the fireplace table. Hint. Hint. Thank you for the review and we look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed 16 June 2017

I love the interior of this place. If you like a warm rustic atmosphere, large menu, reasonable prices, friendly staff and a great rural location you will like it here. The food is consistently good and portions are large. If you like cold, modern, stark, institutional, foo-foo, snobbery type places - please stay away.

Love this review!! Thank you.