“Great find!”
Review of Roots Eatery - CLOSED

Roots Eatery
Reviewed 10 November 2017

My husband made reservations here for our anniversary after reading about it. We were very happy to have found it.Service and food were top notch! Small but cozy with good music. I had the Gallagher mojito which was quite good. Our entrees were bacalao and the perloo bowl, both delicious. For dessert, we had the fresh peach tart, which was wonderful. Definitely need to return.

Reviewed 4 October 2017

My wife and I had dinner here while in the Harrisburg area. The eatery is very quaint and stylish. She had a Grilled Artichoke-Roasted Red Pepper Pizza. I had the Shrimp and Smoked Sausage Perloo. She liked the toppings but was disappointed that the crust was thick as she prefers a thin crust. My perloo was great. The shrimp was done just right. It was served in a clay pot that kept the temperature hot for the whole time we ate. The spice was just right in being spicy hot but not "burn your face off" hot. We will be back in Harrisburg in a month and will consider dinner here again.

Reviewed 2 October 2017

group of us totally enjoyed our choices. good food and good service. nice atmosphere. Keep up the good work.

Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

Popped in for Happy Hour one Friday (4pm-6pm Mon - Fri) and was very happy with the $1 oysters. Draft beers were on special and so was house wine, but I opted for the interesting hand crafted cocktails. We also order a few apps like the homemade mozzarella which was very very good.

We went back with a group of friends and enjoyed a full dinner. It's a casual upscale place. Rather small but comfortable. The dinner was reasonably priced.

It's definitely worth a try.

Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

This place has a really swanky vibe. We enjoyed our food (the calamari was particularly good and my husband loved his trout) but I will say my Greek salad could have been presented a little better - and beware, all the olives have pits! I hope this place sticks around and has success.