Open today: 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Review Highlights
Awesome Museum

This was such a neat museum, it’s so interesting and lots of great exhibits about Milton Hershey... read more

Reviewed 3 days ago
O1671YPjamied
Great history

Fantastic place to visit. So much history and very informative. Price is very reasonable, staff is... read more

Reviewed 6 days ago
Chuck-mea
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Hershey
from US$13.62
More Info
1,750 results
All reviews chocolate lab interactive exhibits apprentice program scavenger hunt his life special exhibit amazing man hershey company milton hershey's life great history chocolate world hershey story museum chocolate bar gift shop making chocolate hot chocolate self guided tour
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 November 2020

Does not justify a separate admission. Very little to see. Should be included with an overall park ticket purchase

Reviewed 26 October 2020

Very informative about Hershey's entrepreneurship and his plan for the Hershey community. They also have a special exhibit about Hershey's enterprise in Cuba, where he also developed a local community around the business. I learned quite a bit and I imagine children would enjoy the museum as well.

Tips: Go early (before 11am) before the crowds with children arrive. There is free parking by the museum. There is a cafe adjacent to the museum, with a small but reasonable assortment of food and drink (my veggie quiche was pretty decent). Don't expect big discounts or assortment at the gift shop - I was hoping for more dark chocolate options and did not see much.

1  Thank RFJ
Reviewed 21 October 2020

This is a wonderful museum and is so informative on Milton Hershey. He was not only a business man with a 4th grade education, but also gave his fortune to a school for orphaned boys. He lived the American dream and gave away his fortune. When you go- you must sample the chocolate from around the world! So interesting!

Reviewed 21 October 2020

If you'd like to learn of the legacy of the Hershey family, take this bus ride and trip throughout the town of Hershey.

Date of experience: November 2019
1  Thank JohnLesko
Reviewed 14 October 2020

We started our day at The Hershey Story right when they opened. It's a smaller sized museum, but we really enjoyed all the information. One of my children did the apprentice program, which comes with a little workbook with questions about the exhibits, and earned Hershey souvenir coin. One of my other children used the QR code reader to do a scavenger hunt of items in the exhibits. Both were given a large wooden token to swipe that would activate screens that would share narratives about Hershey's life and business. We learned a lot about this great American entrepreneur and philanthropist and left with a great respect for what he did in and with Hershey, PA. It was the perfect foundation to understand a trolley tour we took later at Chocolate World that showed the factory, community buildings, and school all built by Hershey.

We didn't have time to do any of the add-on activities at The Hershey Story. We were headed to Chocolate World next. We were able to get through the whole second floor (the bulk of the museum), but had to skip the Cuba exhibit to get to CW in time for our first timed ticket there. We did the second floor in an hour and 15 minutes, but I wish we'd had a little more time. If you're just seeing this one museum, I'd give it 2 hours (or more if you're trying to do the add-on experiences).

Since we did both HS and CW, I can wholeheartedly say that both are worth a visit. HS is a museum with a museum like experience. CW is mostly like a mini Disney World type experience, with the exception of the historic trolley tour, which is a great second course of sightseeing history after the first course in the HS museum. They work really well together. If you have to choose between one or the other, I'd have a hard time telling you which one to pick. If you have kids, they'll probably like CW more (although there are kids friendly add-on experiences at HS that might make up for skipping CW). I felt like the CW attractions were slightly more interesting-sounding than the ones at HS, but it all depends on your budget, schedule, and interests, I'm just glad that we go to do both. It was a lot to try and jam into one day, but it can be done. At first I was afraid I'd wasted money getting tickets for both, but I'm really glad we did both things.

2  Thank 202kristyl