Open today: 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Review Highlights
Get the Behind the Screen Story

The Hershey Story Museum is much more than a museum. It tells the story of Milton Hershey and his... read more

Reviewed 3 days ago
G2655BWgaryk
Clearwater, Florida
Informative, Interesting and great value

Very informative museum. Not only information on chocolate making, but on Mr. Hershey and his... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Sunsets4evr
North Redington Beach, Florida

Recommended experiences in and around Hershey
from US$13.62
More Info
1,740 results
All reviews chocolate lab interactive exhibits apprentice program scavenger hunt his life special exhibit amazing man hershey company milton hershey's life great history chocolate world hershey story museum chocolate bar gift shop making chocolate hot chocolate self guided tour
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 April 2021

My daughter and I just visited the museum on Friday, April 2nd. We had a great time at this museum learning about Milton Hershey and how he created the Hershey company.

Date of experience: April 2021
2  Thank magvaval
Reviewed 31 March 2021

For the first time in just about 13 years, I went back to Hershey. We were looking for a day's outing and since it's not quite that time of year yet for the park, we settled on visiting some of the sites around the town.

I last visited the museum when it was in the old building, and I know it was moving.

Location - Directly behind the park (literally behind Great Bear, Sooperdooperlooper, and the old log flume ride) on Chocolate Avenue.

Parking - free behind the building in a small garage.

Pandemic Protocols - Masks, hand sanitizers, 6-feet social distancing mats leading to check-in desk. Otherwise, no one followed social distancing, interactive exhibits worked, and people were given chips to wave in front of certain videos. I did not witness any cleaning being done while there.

The staff was very friendly and helpful in answering questions.

This museum I believe is planned a bit better than the old museum although it felt smaller to me (but that could be a kid's memory vs. having an adult perspective now). It is interesting. They had a quick interactive exhibit about Kitty Hershey (Hershey's wife); after seeing that and learning one little snippet on her life, I wish they would devote a bit more to her.

With that being said, I'm giving it an average review because it is missing things and/or it could emphasize on more things. Some things that Hershey did - such as building his school - is glossed over. Other things in the town - such as the medical center - is glossed over. One case and done. Because of this, we really didn't spend a whole lot of time in the museum.

However, I was very disappointed in one thing. The Apostolic Clock is in storage! That was the whole reason why my family and I kept going back to the museum many moons ago! And I was looking forward to seeing it today to only find out that it has been in storage, allegedly due to the person who had been its curator has either since retired or died. And the museum couldn't find someone else so to keep this beauty going? That clock alone is worth the admission, but alas, it is in storage. I really hope this museum reconsiders it; the clock will surely need a lot more upkeep bringing it out of storage than it would have had it been kept out on the museum floor in working order.

I was also looking forward to seeing the shop. I remember the shop used to carry books about Hershey and other surrounding PA historical writings. Not anymore. It was just the usual Hershey books on a couple of shelves while the rest of the store was all the usual souvenirs you would find in Chocolate World.

I still recommend going because museums keep history alive. I would just say this is for older kids and adults.

Note: I did not visit the chocolate lab or tasting. I wasn't interested. They cost extra.

Date of experience: March 2021
1  Thank Suz732
Reviewed 30 March 2021 via mobile

The main museum exhibit is relatively small, but very informative. We enjoyed it for about an hour and a half. Maybe not the most engaging for small children, but older kids and teens might like the visit. Close to some great restaurants. Our tickets were complimentary with our stay at The Hotel Hershey.

Date of experience: March 2021
1  Thank Onlinemother
Reviewed 27 February 2021

We did a meal and truffle making class two weeks ago and returned this week for a warm chocolate tasting. Food, truffles and chocolate tasting were yummy. The museum upstairs was very informative on the life of Milton Hershey.

Date of experience: February 2021
1  Thank Dakit55
Reviewed 28 January 2021

I did a project on Milton Hershey in grade school and ever since, have been interested in his life. The museum is full of relics from his life (crib) and business (first chocolate molds, machines) along with interesting captions along the way. We did not do the add-on packages such as the tastings. It wasn't very crowded so social distancing was easily attained. When we visited, there was an exhibit on his sugar company in Cuba. Very interesting! He was a neat man with an exemplary vision of how to take care of his workers. I loved learning more about his philanthropic endeavors and legacy.

Date of experience: November 2020