“Thai-riffic!!!”
Review of Komi Pan Asian

Komi Pan Asian
Ranked #34 of 89 Restaurants in Hershey
Reviewed 14 March 2018 via mobile

Traveling on business, I always seek out Thai food. I am so glad I found this place. The atmosphere was pleasant. It was very clean. The staff was friendly and attentive. My waiter, Ivan, was personable and helpful when asked questions about menu items. He also made a darn good Thai iced tea!

Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

I was happy to give this place a try for take out.
Its very clean, the staff is very friendly and to my surprise the bar is stocked with very nice scotch and whiskey .
Laphroaig 10 being my favorite at a price you cant beat. $11.00 a pour. Now thats not bad.
I ordered the Grilled Whole Squid with Spivey Avocado Sauce and the Drunken Noodle Shrimp.
They were both very good but I was disappointed with the very limited menu.
I will order here again but once a Thai resturant opens that has a better selection of dishes Ill be there.
I truly enjoyed the Beef with Thai Peppers Ive had at other venues in New York and Bucks County.

Reviewed 4 March 2018

Everything was really tasty from appetizers to main dish to desert. Drunken noodles and curry dishes were ample, and nicely presented. I was surprised how reasonably priced everything was. The décor is quite attractive and the noise level is very low despite not being a large establishment. Mixed drinks were potent and tasty. Service was friendly and caring. Definitely a winner.

Reviewed 19 February 2018

My wife and I eat here several times a month; it is always excellent. The food is fresh, with bright crisp vegetables, and prepared with care. We often get the stir fly, and have tried a variety of the sauces, with the Hunan and the Green Curry among our favorites. Comparing the two indicates a variety that is not immediately evident looking at the menu. The stir fly with Hunan sauce is a Chinese dish, with a variety of vegetables such as broccoli, red peppers, mushrooms, and bamboo shoots served on a plate. The Green Curry is a Thai dish, served in a bowl with a green curry broth/sauce. Vegetables include sugar pea pods, bamboo shoots, and mushrooms. You can choose a variety of meats, seafood, and tofu to be prepared in the stir fly. Time before last we were there my wife ordered Drunken Noodles with shrimp, and she said it was the best meal she had ever had. The owner was there and chatted with us, describing a daily special salad with spicy rare beef which decided to try. I loved it. The chef is willing to accommodate special requests as well when it's possible--just ask if you don't see it on the menu. My wife wanted scallops in a stir fly, and though they don't list them as an option for the stir fly, there was no problem. The decor is modern and attractive, and the prices are reasonable. We're so happy to live close.

1  Thank Louis M
Reviewed 19 January 2018 via mobile

I avoided Komi after it first opened because our family loved Wasabi next door. We must have been out of our minds.

Don't get me wrong - we love the Japanese cuisine at Wasabi, but I fear that Pennsylvanians may avoid Komi due to a lesser familiarity with Pan Asain cuisine.

So here's the deal - it doesn't matter. If you love good food, you've done yourself a horrible disservice by not eating here. It will almost make you forget about the Japanese place across the parking lot. It will definitely make you ignore every other Asian restaurant on the 422 strip, if not in the entirty of south-central PA.

First off - it's the *cleanest* restaurant I've ever walked into. The decor is classy, casual, and cozy.

Secondly - the menu is an incredibly well-balanced selection of familiar fare, spring and egg rolls, dumplings, and so on, but there's a strong fusion twist to most of the appetizers. And everything is elevated beyond what you'd expect for the price. It comes out hot, quick, and beautiful.

My kids went with seafood - salmon and scallops. Gorgeous presentation, clearly and painstakingly designed from the colors to the flavors. Fresh, bright, and rich. My wife has been trying curry a lot lately, but she was more taken with their coconut infused yellow sauce than I've ever seen her with curry. We wondered about the inclusion of avacado, but soon realized that no detail of the dish was random or out of place. In a word - incredible. I had the crispy duck - a hard find in this part of the state. I've tried it once or twice at some popluar restaurants around town and come to conclusion that duck just isn't something to order lightly around here. It's usually, greasy, fatty, and feels more like an attempt to pad the menu with an "exotic" dish that's far beyond the chef's skill. The duck at Komi is evidence of a recipe that works and a chef that knows his/her way around a duck. The Hoisin glaze and potato dressing that came with was a perfect pairing of flavors, and the duck? I ate the entire thing and went home sick because it seemed disrespectful to leave even a bite of such a delicious and meticulously cooked meal uneaten.

We were told that when Komi first opened, some customers were unhappy with the hotter spice level of the Pad Thai. This has apparently been addressed, and even though we purposely order high heat on our meals when possible, everything was very comfortable and exactly the level we asked for. Considering the care taken with our meals, I would imagine every plate is handled the same way.

This should have cost way more than it did. I had a heart transplant about 2 years ago and haven't enjoyed eating out much because a lot of food has tasted bland. This was an explosion of flavor, and reminded me why I love to try new places. It's no exggaeration to say Komi re-ignited my love for Thai food with this meal.

Give it a shot - and especially a second shot if you've already been. I predict that once the word is out, you'll be wishing you didn't have to stand in a long line to do so.