“Excellent seafood! … noisy”

Devon Seafood + Steak
Reserve with OpenTable
Devon Seafood + Steak is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 88 Restaurants in Hershey
Price range: US$20 - US$60
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Bar
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Business meetings, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Park Avenue
Description: Devon Seafood + Steak offers downtown Hershey the freshest premium seafood, an impressive selection of wines and handcrafted signature cocktails mixed by bar chefs well practiced in the art of mixology. The service is seamless and the atmosphere offers a unique blend of the upscale and casual chic. Our vibrant happy hour features ultra-premium cocktails, appetizer and lobster specials, as well as signature handcrafted martinis. Devon Seafood + Steak is the perfect setting for your dinner program, business lunch, wedding rehearsal dinner or any other special occasion that demands an excellent meal in an elegant setting. We offer versatile accommodations and a wide selection of menu choices for your exclusive gathering.
Reviewed 14 June 2017

My wife and I had a first time visit last night. We liked the large dining room, with the high ceiling and overhead dark wood suspension. We also like the dimmed lighting and candle on the table. It was very noisy, though, so not a quiet and romantic place, at least not during our visit. The place was pretty full. There were several large groups, and the sound level increased as the drinks did. We were lucky to be sheltered a bit in a booth along the periphery. Our waiter was very nice and informative about the menu. He answered our questions in detail. I had the Spicy Creole Gumbo to start. It was good though I was hoping for a cup and this was a bowl. For my entrée I tried the Grilled Barramundi (New Zealand). They prepare their fresh fish with great simplicity, seared without seasoning. As our waiter described it, it came out light and flakey, and very tasty and fresh. I still would have liked to have had some sauce options for the side (like a butter sauce), but that’s my personal preference. One of my side dishes was the Apple & Celery Root Slaw, which was excellent. My wife started with the Strawberry & Pistachio Baby Greens salad, reported it was excellent. For her entrée she selected the ½ lb Canadian Lobster Tail. She said it was good but challenged the weight. She was also disappointed that only drawn butter was available. What! No brown butter ... in a better seafood house? Say it isn’t so, Wesley. Otherwise, our meals were excellent. Our bill, including one mixed drink and one desert, was $110. We would definitely return for the great food, despite the noise (which we usually do not tolerate).

Write a ReviewReviews (1,009)

Reviewed 13 June 2017

Lunch with a group was tasty. The food was very fresh, well-seasoned and nicely portioned. My only complaint is the noise. It was almost impossible to hear others at the same table. If you need to conduct some business or have a quiet conversation, this may not be the best place.

Reviewed 11 June 2017

Hard to find anything to say that is not positive! We had a quiet dinner yesterday. Very easy to make a reservation and parking abounds. We ate early (5 PM) but need not have worried about reservations. Although the restaurant began filling up within the hour.

We started with Cheddar biscuits and maple syraup butter. Biscuits were hot from the oven. Next, Goat Cheese Bruschetta appetizer...very, very good. The service was very good. Hard to say as the dining room was not full.

I had the grilled Mahi Mahi with lemon asparagus risotto and Yukon potatoes. Okay, the Mahi Mahi was under cooked. Not by enough to send it back, so I just left it. My wife had the blackened Chicken Penne Pasta. The chicken was over-cooked and dry, but the sauce was full of flavor.

Dessert was their Strawberry Shortcake with "roasted strawberry ice cream". Wow. A really good surprise!

One last note: it is Hershey, PA and prices are (INMO) way out of line. Yet, well return if only for another special (birthday, anniversary) dinner.

Reviewed 10 June 2017 via mobile

Ate dinner here with a large group of 10. The waitstaff was attentive, the atmosphere perfect and the food couldn't have been better. I had the seared Halibut with asparagus and Parmesan crusted potatoes, which left me very pleased.

From delicious seafood to mouth watering steaks everyone enjoyed their meals. Complimenting the food was a respectable wine list with a wide array of choices featuring the Wente family of wines.

We didn't feel rushed, were well taken care of and would dine here again. I was impressed. I recommend a visit here while in Hersey.

1  Thank Scott J
Reviewed 7 June 2017

In May I had 5 Michelin meals in some best places in Provence, France. I was not expecting anything close in Hershey PA. But WOW. The place is elegant with spacious tables. The fresh unique cheese and herb rolls set the tone -- this place is going to be special. I have Mixed seafood grill sampler. The scaloops were incredible. They were sweet and full of flavor. the Large prawns were grilled perfectly with serviced with a suace that came from heaven to my table. I had piece of Grilled salmon that was perfection and I say this coming from British Columbia where we have amazing salmon in thousands of our rivers and stream. The chocolate velvet cake was terrific. It's texture is like a pudding but it holds its shape as cake while melting slowly giving rich chocolate flavor with that hint of vinegar.

2  Thank Paul R