“Nice place to take the kids”
Review of King Kone

King Kone
Ranked #2 of 5 Dessert in Hummelstown
Reviewed 24 June 2017

Overall a nice time. We had just spent two days at Hershey Park and after dinner wanted some ice cream. King Kone was across the street from the hotel, so very convenient.

One daughter got peanut butter cookie dough, one got sticky buns and I had the mint chip. Overall they were very good and liked the uniqueness of flavors. One small complaint was that the hard serve ice cream was a littler softer than would have hoped and expected--it was melting almost before I even paid for the ice Cream!

That being said, I really appreciate the customer service. We walked in at a busy time and there were 4 workers eager to help. I was nice to see so many of our youth, providing superior customer service and made this an overall 4 for me. 3 For solid ice cream and 5 for customers service.

Reviewed 29 May 2017 via mobile

Great location, just across from our hotel. Mix of soft serve and hard pack flavors. All were happy. Bonus points for the King Kone Gorilla waving at the cars.

Reviewed 27 May 2017

Great location across from Hummelstown Hampton Inn. Open until 9 PM. Extremely friendly service staff. They even have a drive-up window. Excellent selection of ice cream, fresh made waffle cones, specialty sundaes and it was delicious! Plenty of seating: adirondack chairs, picnic tables with palapa umbrellas, indoor table seating too. Enjoyed it very much.

Reviewed 4 May 2017 via mobile

I absolutely love this place! My daughter loves to go here after softball games and it is always busy! Although I do wish the teenage staff was a little more friendly.

Reviewed 30 April 2017 via mobile

We found this spot while staying overnight near exit 80 of the interstate. It was just right for a warm late evening ice cream run. The waffle corn was only $1 extra and it was tasty and crispy. This place serves commercial ice cream from Turkey Hill and Hershey. They did not have any they had made themselves. We tried the special soft serve where they add flavor (we added teaberry). The soft serve had that foamy artificial texture that more and more soft serve places have now. I don't know if this is the added flavor or if the chocolate and vanilla had the same texture. It is good, not great ice cream stand.

Been to King Kone? Share your experiences!