All reviews cloud farm house staff learn how these ladies life changing in town green waves second week dietary restrictions san juan chicabrava chicas camp skills encouraging gears confidence
Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

Had a great experience in Nicaragua.. flew solo on this trip and met two other great gals also traveling alone. ChicaBrava is well organized. They pick you up at the airport, which made me feel safe right away, & transport you to your accommodations which are clean. I stayed at cloud farm, beautiful view, lovely pool and wonderful Rena cooks a delicious breakfast and dinner everyday. I felt comfortable in & out of the water at all times, around town and throughout the week. Go for it ladies! Experience ChicaBrava!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 November 2017

I moved to San Juan del Sur from California in 2005 and have had access to beach and surf for over 12 years. Yet, I have never felt comfortable in the ocean so I would sit and watch people swim and surf for the last decade. I always told myself that I was not a surfer, Surfing is my husband's thing. Until...

A few friends of mine decided to join CHICABRAVA Surf Camp and I was terrified but after much talking myself out of it, I surrendered and joined. Thank goodness I did not let my fear get the better of me. Joining the camp was one of the best decisions of my life!

What a program! So solid. So thorough. So supportive. I went from afraid of even swimming in the ocean to riding green waves!

I have so much gratitude and admiration for the women who make up CHICABRAVA, thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank ZenYogaNicaragua
Reviewed 27 November 2017

I had an amazing experience with ChicaBrava. The surf instruction was top notch. The instructors were friendly, outgoing, and clearly knew a lot about how to teach a beginner. I felt empowered by them and excited to get in the ocean every day! I traveled with a friend and we ended up making friends with everyone else on the trip - we really enjoyed getting to know people from all over and plan on keeping in touch with everyone. The town of San Juan del Sur was very cool - the food, drinks, and people made each night a fun experience. We stayed at Surf House and loved the energy and vibe there. All in all, it was an incredible, unforgettable experience and we plan on going back again!

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank carlymbruski
Reviewed 9 November 2017

There truly are no words to describe just how amazing this experience was for me (and my two friends). I began the camp with such a profound fear of the ocean that I barely dipped my toes in the Pacific before camp started. By the end of the week, I was catching small waves from the outside, playing fearlessly in the white water, practicing turtle rolls and, most importantly, finding not just comfort, but bliss out on the water.

These instructors know what they are doing - they are all knowledgeable surfers with significant teaching experience, but they are also encouraging, compassionate people who know just when and how to boost your water confidence (and really overall confidence). This is a top-notch, professionally run business, that also knows how to have fun, inspire, and get you surfing!

To say that this was life changing is an understatement. Don't miss out on an opportunity to learn to surf from some of the best! Take it from someone who used to be afraid of the ocean and now wakes up dreaming about my next surf day!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank bostontravelbug4
Reviewed 4 November 2017

I went in to this trip presuming that I’d have some fun, get a bit more comfortable in the ocean, and learn how to pop up on a board, but I left with a lot more than that.

Chica Brava inspired in me a love for the ocean that I hadn’t known I had, empowered me with physical strength that I never knew I could tap into, and awakened me to a total appreciation for surfing and surfers. I’m hooked!

Ashley and the instructors are fantastic. They’re knowledgable, friendly and full of energy. I was a complete novice surfer, and yet I always felt comfortable and reassured and safe on my board in the water with them. And, they instilled in me enough knowledge that at week’s end, I was comfortable enough to head back into the ocean on my own to surf (though I miss those chicas in the water!).

I can’t say enough good things about Chica Brava, so I’ll just say this…sign up for their next surf camp, and get ready to have your life changed!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends