See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 30 July 2018 via mobile

Prior to checking into Villa Noche, Travis the property owner was very pleasant to work with. Two Months before our trip there began to be some civil unrest in Nicaragua. I had contacted Travis to see how the situation was affecting SJDS. He assured me all was good. We decided to go to Nica and start our trip at another property 30 mins away from Villa Noche. I have a one year old daughter and had clearly asked Travis is the home was suitable for children. We arrived to Nica and stayed at a nearby resort Mukul, which was amazing. Due to the a nationwide strike we had to leave the resort one day early and so I called Travis to see if we could check in one day early. He was very kind and promised everything would be ready for us. We were very weary about going due to the political situation in Nica. Needless to say, we went Lalley because the home looked very secure and amazing. Upon arrival the home looked beautiful from the exterior. Immediately when we entered the home, there were a multitude of problems, which included MILLIONS of flies, literally we could not eat anything because flies would cover every inch of your hand when putting something in your mouth, the home was DIRTY, the pool was so cloudy it looked like it had never been cleaned, not one member of our party sat down on any of the fabric furniture because it was so worn and dirty. The biggest problem for me was the safety of my young daughter. The home is situated on a high cliff and there are no railings. We traveled with our full time nanny and she literally had to quarantine our daughter to one room upstairs because she was so scared that she would run off the side of the patio that had no railings. In addition the tile around the house is so slippery I fell and everyone was slipping non stop. Next, the smell of the water supply. There are “four bedrooms”, only three of them have ac, as one is a converted patio. Once the smaller bathrooms water supply was used it made the bathroom smell of the worst sulfuric smell you’ve ever encountered. Because of this everyone had to use our mater bathroom. Within minutes of checking in to the home I realized it was not going to work, as the safety for my young daughter was compromised and the cleanliness was absolutely horrific. The positive thing was the staff was very gracious and nice. We spent one evening at the home and we quickly arranged for transport to leave the country as we did not feel the home or the country was safe. We contacted Travis the day we arrived then continued to contact him explaining our concerns. He was very defensive and refused to refund any of our money after we explained the situation. Let me be very clear and saying that we travel extensively all over the world and rent homes in various countries and Continents. This is by far the only time we have ever left a property because of safety and cleanliness. We tipped the staff for the one evening we stayed here. I’m absolutely stunned by the false advertising this home has. I’m also deeply disappointed with the fact that Travis was so rude and didn’t take our concerns to heart and attempt to refund any of our money given the multitude of safety and hygiene issues. I would never recommend this home to anyone. It is dirty and unsafe.

Date of stay: June 2018
1  Thank sbm565
Reviewed 11 March 2016 via mobile

This was my 3rd time at Villa Noche what a special place staffed by special people. Gorgeous views, authentic food a great place to unplug, relax and enjoy the simple pleasures! I have only wonderful memories of this place ! You can get a ride to any beach or check out the town of San Juan Del Sur. Horse back riding at Rancho Chilamate is a must, the ranch is a hidden gem!

Date of stay: March 2016
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Maggie M
Reviewed 18 January 2016

5 friends and I recently rented Villa Noche for four nights for a bachelor party in San Juan Del Sur and could not have been happier with our choice.

We contacted Travis, the property owner a few months ahead of the trip in order to get some details and make sure the property was available. Over the course of the next couple of months Travis was able to help us plan out nearly our entire trip with the help of the on-site staff.

We arrived at the house late on Wednesday night to find a wonderful dinner prepared for us by Memo, Claudia, and Jose. These three, went out of their way during our entire stay to make sure that all of our needs were attended to. Whether we were out of cigarettes, needed a new sim card for a phone, or simply needed some ice at 2:00 a.m. in the morning they were always willing to get whatever we needed for our stay.

Each morning, afternoon, and evening Claudia would inquire as to what we would like to eat (there is a menu in the house to select from) and what time so that we would have a great meal prepared with the freshest ingredients. We rarely left the house for meals they were so good.

Travis also helped us arrange a fishing trip on his boat the Aquaholic. We had a great time on this outing and caught a couple of nice looking rooster fish. We also had an opportunity to have the boat anchor off shore and swim up to a nice secluded beach for a while.

The house itself is amazing, EVERYTHING is oversized and spectacular. with the group of us having 4 guys who are 6'4"+ this was our dream house. The views were amazing and it was an amazingly tranquil environment overlooking the sea. One of our guys slept outside (on a giant daybed) so that he could feel the breeze and hear the ocean below.

For our last couple of days we decided, on a whim, to take some surfing lessons and then to visit Ometepe island. Again, at the drop of a hat Memo was able to make a couple of phone calls and get us all set-up for lessons and a tour of the island.

At the conclusion of our trip it was decided amongst our group that we should make this an annual trip. Whether going to party or to relax (we did a bit of both) I highly recommend Villa Noche. I'm certain you won't be disappointed.

Date of stay: September 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank jayaverill
Reviewed 9 December 2015 via mobile

Absolutely amazing place. The staff is first class. Couldn't have been nicer. Very accommodating. The house is gorgeous with a breathtaking view. Sits on a cliff with a clear view of the ocean and the little town. Great for all types. Families, couples, or even business. As nice as anywhere I've been in the world.

Date of stay: December 2015
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank randy63073
Reviewed 5 March 2015

Hubby and I headed to San Juan del Sur for a little vacation. We stayed at Villa Noche. It was the most beautiful place I have ever been. The view was breathtaking! On our arrival we found the house to be extremely clean and comfortable. Villa Noche owner was very nice - he helped us to get our whole trip planned and booked. Great guy! We hope to get to go back one day soon and would certainly stay here again.

Date of stay: February 2015