“Very good homely food in huge portions”

La Botteghina di Wilma
Ranked #23 of 58 Restaurants in Certaldo
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 28 May 2016

I recently moved to the area and I followed a suggestion of some friends to try this place and I was not disappointed.
Very reasonably priced food, huge portions, great flavors (pappardelle ragu di coniglio were absolutely delicious/tagliata was very good too). Good house wine.
Service could have been better. It took a while to the waitress to smile to us and that was a shame since it was our first impression but maybe she had a bad day, it happens.

Reviewed 9 February 2016

Nineteen family members ate here in the rustic decor to celebrate my father's 85th birthday. Andrea, the owner, offered a great selection of nicely prepared Tuscan dishes with something to suit all tastes, even the vegetarians in our party, accompanied by good but inexpensive local wines. We'll be back. Recommended!

Reviewed 1 October 2015 via mobile

We arrived at our villa in the late evening and on recommendation of our host we went to this restaurant. It was frequented by locals and casual atmosphere. We decided on the ' gusto' where we trusted the owner to produce 4 dishes of the day. Good value for a quick meal. Friendly. Average food but enjoyable.

Reviewed 7 August 2015

This restaurant was quite near to our villa and we decided to give it a try. It turned out to be a good choice. We appeared to be the only tourists in the full restaurant, The owner, who was front of house and took the orders, was charming and amusing and there was also an old man who cleared the tables - these two were the only visible staff and coped admirably.
Of our table of six, some had the beef, some pasta and one of the party had the 5 course meal. For the life of me, I cannot remember what I ate but we were all extremely complimentary and left highly satisfied.

Reviewed 23 May 2015

We had a dinner here with my friends and so me of my friends arrive an hour late and the owner was very friendly and accomodating. He was very patient and has an outstanding service.( i forgot his name.::))) They Have very good meat( steak) and the maltagliati with zucchine and mint was awesome. Thier way of preparing the chicken breast was awesome . I love it. Try also thier fantasia di verdure which is perfect for this season is really delicious. Soon to come back again with my friends for sure.